Unable to open personal books

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 4 2016 7:54 PM

Something weird happened to my personal books. I was not able to open any resource. Got this message:

"You don't have the license to view this resource".

The location of the docx has not been changed. Rebuilding the book solved the problem. But it will take me hours to rebuild my entire library of personal books/sermons. What happened? Is there a quick solution other than having to build everything from scratch?

Posts 25474
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 10:34 PM

Is this on a new computer or a different one from the one where you compiled the PB?

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 12:30 AM

The exact same laptop I've always been using. Nothing changed...except all the usual logos updates.

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 12:32 AM

I've also double checked the PBs location in Logos PBB. They are in the exact same folder I used to created the PBs.

Posts 1993
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 4:13 AM
Cheez: Don't rebuild. Type in the command box: "scan " + location of compiled PBB files. Then restart Logos.

Window 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 30060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 4:00 PM

Cheez:
They are in the exact same folder I used to created the PBs.

The .docx files aren't used by Logos except in the creation of the personal book. If you are having troubles reading the compiled book, you need to look elsewhere. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 6:02 PM

The scan command didn't resolve the issue. Very queer. Looks like I'll just have to rebuild everything again...when I get the time to do it.

Posts 30060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 4:13 AM

Cheez:
The exact same laptop I've always been using. Nothing changed...

What OS? You haven't updated that? 

Posts 30060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 4:15 AM

Cheez:
The scan command didn't resolve the issue.

What path did you scan? I ask, because it appeared to me that you didn't understand where the compiled files were actually located. If you were looking at where you had your .docx files, you are looking in the wrong place. 

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 6:42 PM

I managed to locate the path where all my personal books are stored within the logos folder (logos\data\(some random alphanumeric)\ResourceManager\Resources). Scanned it. Didn't resolve the problem. No recent updates to the OS (Windows 10).

Posts 30060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 9:29 PM

Cheez:
I managed to locate the path where all my personal books are stored within the logos folder (logos\data\(some random alphanumeric)\ResourceManager\Resources). Scanned it. Didn't resolve the problem.

Did you restart Logos afterwards? 

Did you check the folder to see if the compiled books were actually there? 

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2016 5:55 PM

Yes, and yes. Restarted. All my PBB are in the folder. Looks like the only way to solve it is to rebuild from scratch. Very queer. Not sure why this happened. 

Posts 30060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 4:10 AM

Cheez:
Not sure why this happened. 

I would contact customer service.

Posts 3783
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 10:44 AM

Cheez:

Yes, and yes. Restarted. All my PBB are in the folder. Looks like the only way to solve it is to rebuild from scratch. Very queer. Not sure why this happened. 

Cheez,

You'll want to contact Customer Service like Alabama suggested.

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 6:34 PM

Thanks so much everybody for helping me troubleshoot. Appreciate it. Will contact customer service as suggested.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS