HELP! Lost All Documents

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 5 2016 10:46 AM

I've never had this happen before, but I just lost all my Logos Documents.

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro that is on its last leg (repeatedly crashing because of a failing graphics/logic board, or so I am told). Just a few minutes ago my computer crashed and when I logged back into Logos I can't see any documents (except what I just created after this issue) in my documents menu.

Very, Very, Worried!

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 129
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 10:57 AM

Try going to https://documents.logos.com/ to see if they are available there.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 11:06 AM

Tim Farley:

Good thinking Tim! They are present there... So now the question is why aren't they present on my computer!

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 6:08 AM

Jonathan:

Tim Farley:

Good thinking Tim! They are present there... So now the question is why aren't they present on my computer!

Anybody else have any thoughts on how this can be fixed?

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 6:35 AM

Jonathan:

I would recommend contacting Customer Services and see if they can diagnose this - it might require logging in to your machine

And I would hold back from creating any more Documents until it has been resolved.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 7:15 AM

Jonathan:

Try the sync repair command.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 7:47 AM

Graham Criddle:

Jonathan:

I would recommend contacting Customer Services and see if they can diagnose this - it might require logging in to your machine

And I would hold back from creating any more Documents until it has been resolved.

I guess I am going to need to call. Unfortunately, the "Sync Repair" command did not work.

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 8:34 AM

Jonathan:

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro that is on its last leg (repeatedly crashing because of a failing graphics/logic board, or so I am told). Just a few minutes ago my computer crashed and when I logged back into Logos I can't see any documents (except what I just created after this issue) in my documents menu.

Very, Very, Worried!

I am confused why you are worried about Logos! It's time to get a new computer. Your issue may well be hardware related   

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 8:48 AM

Jonathan:

If diagnostic logging is enabled and Logos has been open since the crash, they would be useful for understanding document loss and sync repair.

Possibly crash corrupted database file(s) with documents so the file(s) had to be recreated, which would appear as documents lost. After database files were created, the sync repair command "double-checks that the documents and settings stored on the local machine match the documents and settings stored on the server. Any local items found to be missing from the server will be uploaded again."

Checking folder permissions (and other post crash steps) could be helpful => https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/crash

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 10:40 AM

alabama24:

Jonathan:

Very, Very, Worried!

I am confused why you are worried about Logos! It's time to get a new computer. Your issue may well be hardware related   

I an just  trying to limp along until they release an updated MacBook Pro. It may be partially related to hardware, but I can't imagine that would keep it from re-downloading/re-syncing with the cloud. It does allow me to create and edit new documents, and those new documents sync.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:39 AM

Jonathan:

Very, Very, Worried!

I finally found a fix for the problem (on my own).

I called tech support this morning and they asked me to reinstall the application. Unfortunately that did not resolve the problem. I decided that before calling tech support back, and being back on hold again, I would try again to figure this out on my own.

Long story, short... I found where Logos stores the document .db files, I made a backup copy, and then deleted the files. I relaunched Logos and Logos re-downloaded the documents I was missing. Now all appears to be in working order.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS