Christianity Today Mag access

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1824
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 6 2016 5:38 PM

From what I understood from purchasing Christianity Today during the special promo was

1. We get 1 year dead-tree version subscription for 1 year
  2. All access on the website
  3. Ability to view previous issues of magazine on iPad

But that's not the case..

1. The website is still limited
  2. I'm unable to view previous issues of the magazine on the iPad. (it tells me to pay $4.99/issue)

Can someone from Logos fix these?

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 6:09 PM

mike:

From what I understood from purchasing Christianity Today during the special promo was

1. We get 1 year dead-tree version subscription for 1 year
  2. All access on the website
  3. Ability to view previous issues of magazine on iPad

But that's not the case..

1. The website is still limited
  2. I'm unable to view previous issues of the magazine on the iPad. (it tells me to pay $4.99/issue)

Can someone from Logos fix these?

I did a 90-day trial with them earlier this year and I ran into the same problem of no previous issues on the iPad app. I wrote them about that and they confirmed you have to pay for previous issues:

Posts 133
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 9:24 AM

Hi Mike,

I'm looking into this right now. I'll update this thread when I get an answer.

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 9:42 AM

On the other thread, it was said that they would email the details on how to go about it to get access to the archives and free year subscription. Is not just a you bought it, now you instantly get access to it. So we have to wait a little longer.

Nice magazine!

DAL

Posts 133
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 11:27 AM

Mike,

I was making the assumption that you received the email that we sent to everyone who qualified for the offer and redeemed the free one-year subscription via that website.

Did you do that and are still not seeing the back archive of CT on their website?

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 11:35 AM

Daniel Motley:

Mike,

I was making the assumption that you received the email that we sent to everyone who qualified for the offer and redeemed the free one-year subscription via that website.

Did you do that and are still not seeing the back archive of CT on their website?

I have not received an email and I qualify 😁

Posts 1824
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 12:00 PM

Daniel Motley:

Mike,

Yes

Here's another screenshot from a minute ago after I signed in.

Posts 133
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 12:18 PM

Thanks for that, Mike. I've contacted CT and will update this thread when I receive more information. In the meantime, I hope that you enjoy CT in Logos!

Posts 133
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 12:23 PM

DAL:

In order to qualify for the free one-year subscription, you had to have placed a Pre-Pub order during the promotional period (5/16-5/31) AND had your order processed when the product shipped. If you placed your order during that time frame, but opted to get it as a part of a base package, we honored that original promotion.

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 12:36 PM

Daniel Motley:

DAL:

In order to qualify for the free one-year subscription, you had to have placed a Pre-Pub order during the promotional period (5/16-5/31) AND had your order processed when the product shipped. If you placed your order during that time frame, but opted to get it as a part of a base package, we honored that original promotion.

I thought it was an either or type of thing. I guess I misunderstood the offer, no biggie though. I was more interested in accessing the other online archives than getting paper clutter. Thanks for clarifying.

DAL

Posts 292
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 6:50 AM

I got the email with the code and went to the web site but I don't see an option for adding the free year to an existing subscription, all I see is a form to fill in with address info. I didn't want to proceed with the Sign Me Up button.

I thought I had heard that this offer applied to extensions of existing subscriptions. 

From Faithlife in this thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/126249/821753.aspx#821753

Matthew Miller said:

This Pre-Pub comprises 113 issues. And yes, you will be able to tack the free subscription on to your existing subscription.

Posts 617
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:07 AM

I too wanted to extend my existing subscription but couldn't find a way to do it. I went ahead and filled out the form and clicked the sign me up button. There was no indication that submitting the form worked so I called a CT customer service rep who looked at my account and verified that my account now extended through 2018 (instead of 2017).

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:44 AM

I havent received the email yet. Any suggestions on what to do?

Daniel Motley:

DAL:

Posts 133
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 10:03 AM

Geo Philips:

Geo, I sent you an email.

To everyone else, if you are having issues or have questions related to the free one-year subscription, please contact csc@christianitytoday.com.

Thanks!

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:32 PM

I subscribe to CT through iTunes, for the electronic version. Sadly this offer doesn't appear to be of value to me at all. I wish it was.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:43 PM

I canceled the pre-pub after I got the products with Collectors to reduce clutter so that is probably why I didn't get the email

Posts 70
Timothy Jang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:43 PM

Daniel Motley:

Geo Philips:

Geo, I sent you an email.

To everyone else, if you are having issues or have questions related to the free one-year subscription, please contact csc@christianitytoday.com.

Thanks!

Daniel, I also haven't received any email with regard to the promotion yet. Would you check it out for me as well? 

Posts 617
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:04 PM

Don Awalt:

I subscribe to CT through iTunes, for the electronic version. Sadly this offer doesn't appear to be of value to me at all. I wish it was.

Hi Don,

Do you mean the digital copy only option in the Christianity Today app on iPad? That's what I use (no paper copy) and when I submitted the code and then called to verify the CS rep told me that it had extended my subscription from 2017 into 2018.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 4:29 AM

Hi Ryan, it sounds like you bought it direct from CT on your iPad. If you bought it originally through the iTunes store, when you bring up iTunes and look at Account/View my Account/Manage link next to Subscriptions you will see an entry for it (interface might be a little different on iTunes on a mobile device). CT gives you two ways to purchase a subscription.

Which did you do?

Posts 617
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 1:50 PM

Hi Don, Yes, my apologies, you are correct. I believe I did buy it directly through the app. When I check my iTunes I don't see it as a subscription item.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS