Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 659
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 5:42 PM

I was offline. Smart select is turned off.

Posts 37
Steven Branson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 1:31 PM

I experience both of these issues on both my Ipad 9.7 and Ipad 12 for a while - it happens ever so often and I have never been able to figure out what causes it, tried changing settings and looking for a pattern, but found nothing stop it from ocassionally happening.

Posts 659
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 4:13 AM

Hi Kevin,

Have you had any success in tracking down this issue?

Armin

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 7:03 PM

Armin:

Hi Kevin,

Have you had any success in tracking down this issue?

Armin

A case has been written up but the issue hasn't been tracked down or fixed.

Posts 659
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2016 10:44 AM

Hi Kevin,

I submitted two more reports. It usually happens when I am not connected to the Internet. So far, it also only happens on my iPad Pro 9.7. I don't recall having had this issue on my iPhone. 

Since I mainly use the iOS app when traveling (ie., when I don't have internet), not being able to highlight text due to the fear that several pages get highlighted unintentionally and all previous highlights are erased, this is an annoying bug.

I would assume that if you use the iPad Pro 9.7, "forget" all Wifi connections, and do some highlighting with changing colours, it should occur in less than 30 mins. 

Armin 

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2016 10:56 AM

Armin:

Hi Kevin,

I submitted two more reports. It usually happens when I am not connected to the Internet. So far, it also only happens on my iPad Pro 9.7. I don't recall having had this issue on my iPhone. 

Since I mainly use the iOS app when traveling (ie., when I don't have internet), not being able to highlight text due to the fear that several pages get highlighted unintentionally and all previous highlights are erased, this is an annoying bug.

I would assume that if you use the iPad Pro 9.7, "forget" all Wifi connections, and do some highlighting with changing colours, it should occur in less than 30 mins. 

Armin 

Thanks Armin,

We don't need any more log reports as we have enough information to go on. A case already exists for this issue.

Posts 659
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2016 9:46 PM

Thanks, Kevin. This is good to know. Just out of curiosity: Have you been able to reproduce the error?

BTW, many thanks for being so responsive. Great service.

Posts 36
Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2016 11:18 AM

I wonder if there is a way to restore your highlights from the online copy of your Highlighter Pens document? I would be most upset if this happened to me and I lost all my highlights!

Posts 659
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2016 8:13 PM

I haven't been able to restore highlights from Logos' servers. What happens is that a 1-2 page section of the book gets highlighted as one block. This might override some previously added highlights. Unfortunately, when deleting this highlighted block, the original highlights get erased. And this is when it starts gettting annoying: I then have to reread the previous 1-2 pages to highlight again the sections that I had highlighted. And even worse, during this exercise, the same problem might reoccur, i.e., again, a large section gets highlighted. Usually, this new block highlight cover genuine highlights in even earlier pages. Once I erase this new erroneous block highlight, the previously entered highlights also get erased. So it feels like I have to read the book backwards, having to recreate highlights from earlier pages. 

It essentially means that I have given up on using the apps on my iPad Pro. I really hope that a fix can be implemented soon.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 1:17 AM

Please see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/131677/863695.aspx#863695 .

A case already exists for this issue and we are fully aware that this is a problem. Again, we know this is a problem and we are completely aware of it.

Posts 1301
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 7:16 PM

I just saw this thread. I have been experiencing all the issues reported in this thread on my iPad mini 4, on the Vyrso, Logos, and Verbum apps.

Since the problems are intermittent and very hard to reproduce, I have not reported them, but glad to see that others have.

Reading and highlighting are the main reason I use Logos apps on my iPad mini. Since these problems started occurring, I have reduced my use of the iOS apps, and have also cut down on my Faithlife resource purchases. Reading on the Kindle iOS app has proven to be much more reliable and predictable. Got tired of fighting with the FL apps all the time while trying to simply read and highlight.

Kevin, it's been 5+ months since these issues were reported and logged... any updates on when they will be fixed?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 173
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 12:17 PM

PL, 

I'm sorry this has kept happening to you-- I know it must be frustrating. As Kevin mentioned, we're aware that some users have reported this issue. Currently, one of our developers is investigating. We may reach out with some additional questions. Thanks for your patience. 

-Daniel Di Bartolo, Mobile Product Manager

Posts 1301
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 2:24 PM

Thanks Daniel. 

It's comforting to know that there's a mobile product manager. That tells me that mobile is not a total afterthought to Faithlife. There is hope. We welcome you on board. Nice to "meet" you!

Peter

Posts 659
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 8:24 AM

I also wanted to thank you, Daniel, for your reply. 

Please make sure the release notes include a comment when this problem is fixed. The general comment "Various bug fixes and improvements" is too vague. And your colleague didn't like it when I once asked if this fix was included in "various bug fixes".

Posts 659
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 6:43 AM

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, the problem still occurs on my iPad Pro. I had hoped that after 9 months of reporting it, it would be fixed.

Armin

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS