New Installation with Office 365 SmartTags Won't Work

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 7 2016 10:37 AM

Installed Logos 7 on a new computer with custom installation, as I put Logos on the D drive which is a 1 TB SSD drive. I've followed every direction in the wiki article on SmartTags, and the commands report that they execute correctly, however, SmartTags just does not show up in Word 365. In Word 365 File/Options/Add Ons does indicate the Logos SmartTag is active. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 11:59 AM

Hi TP

Have you followed these instructions?

Actually, looking back at that thread it looks like you and I shared similar problems at the time! 

It's happened to me more than once since then, and I've gone back to this thread for the answers. 

Hope you get it sorted, again!

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 1:36 PM

Hi Richard,

These SmartTag issues are quite thorny. Yes, I did follow the instructions for registering and it indicated that it was successful, but it still doesn't work. Quite a mystery to me at this point.

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 5:56 AM

In case anyone else encounters the problem, I did discover the fix for mine at https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/smart-tags

It is laid out slightly differently in Word 365, but the process was the same and it worked. Just needed to enable the right click for additional actions.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 8:05 AM

Glad you found the fix TP! 

I don't have much use for smart tags now we have the sermon editor, but it is still a useful function. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS