Highlighting footnotes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 72
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 7 2016 10:05 PM

hey!

is there a reason we can't highlight things in footnotes or attach notes to them?

often the gold is found in the footnotes!

Posts 26026
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 10:31 PM

Yes, a long standing problem that is a result of how they are stored - major project to change.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 510
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:52 AM

Andrew116:

is there a reason we can't highlight things in footnotes or attach notes to them?

often the gold is found in the footnotes!

I absolutely love the newly released Logos 8. Despite the software's many pleasing improvements, footnote highlighting isn't yet one of them. Hopefully this is something that the Faithlife team is working on and will bring to the programme in an 8.x release. Big Smile

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

We'll post updates to this suggestion when there's any news to share about this enhancement: https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/822227-provide-the-ability-to-mark-up-footnotes 

Posts 510
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:37 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

We'll post updates to this suggestion when there's any news to share about this enhancement: https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/822227-provide-the-ability-to-mark-up-footnotes 

Thanks Bradley Big Smile

Posts 194
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 7:49 PM

Gordon Jones:

I absolutely love the newly released Logos 8. Despite the software's many pleasing improvements, footnote highlighting isn't yet one of them. Hopefully this is something that the Faithlife team is working on and will bring to the programme in an 8.x release. Big Smile

I was almost going to make a post suggesting that Faithlife make it possible for us to annotate footnotes, but then I saw this post.

I, too, would love to have the ability to annotate (highlight, add a note, etc.) footnotes within Logos resources. I understand that I can manually copy and paste text from a footnote into a note in the Notes tool, but as far as I know there is no ability to directly annotate footnotes. One of the benefits for me in using annotations in Logos is that I can search them. Since I cannot annotate footnotes, I cannot annotate important concepts in footnotes to be searched for later.

Faithlife, please consider making this a priority in a future update to Logos 8.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 4:40 AM

Daniel Radke:
Faithlife, please consider making this a priority in a future update to Logos 8.

Have wanted this for years, + will be most pleased when it arrives.

Edit: Added my 3 votes to user voice.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS