Faithlife: Please break up the C.S. Lewis collection!

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2016 9:47 AM

As these are official HarperCollins editions, anyone who wants them will have to pay the price--copyright really isn't a question for this particular collection.  For copyright-free works, Faithlife would have to produce them manually from older editions--and that might be against their agreement with HarperCollins which is the only way to get them for US residents.

NevertheIess, I just want them available individually, and I'm still interested on hearing Faithlife's plans to break up the set.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 11
Ron Baughman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2016 7:39 PM

I second the motion!

Posts 90
Steve Nicholson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 12:17 AM

Amen!

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 7:14 AM

I'm about to buy The Abolition of Man....Please let me buy it in Logos and not Kindle.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 615
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 6:33 AM

Tempted just to buy his letters on kindle if we're not going to be given any indication if/when this will be broken up.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 11:53 AM

Puuuuleeeeeeeeeease?

I guess Faithlife must subscribe to the notion that if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all.

Posts 7
Kris Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:17 PM

Todd Phillips:

I'm about to buy The Abolition of Man....Please let me buy it in Logos and not Kindle.

I had to purchase Mere Christianity, Abolition of Man and Miracles for a class I'm taking. I also would have preferred the Logos version.

Posts 4879
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2016 2:55 PM

I can get it on amazon.com for $32.00 but i can't get it together on amazon.com.au

alabama24:

Tom Reynolds:
Can you get this listing on Amazon.com?

Nope.

Posts 23
Eric Back | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 10:53 AM

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it but individual works are now available. 
https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=c+s+lewis&Author=1804%7cC.+S.+Lewis&redirecttoauthor=true

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 11:00 AM

Eric Back:

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it but individual works are now available. 
https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=c+s+lewis&Author=1804%7cC.+S.+Lewis&redirecttoauthor=true

I'm not seeing any available for individual purchase?

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 11:02 AM

In fact, they specifically state that they aren't available or individual purchase:

Posts 23
Eric Back | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 12:14 PM

Quite right. I apologize. I saw them broken out individually with prices and failed to check further.

Posts 12
Gary Graham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 12:55 PM

I would love to be able to buy these books individually.  I broke down and bought a couple of his books from Google books.  I would really have preferred to get them here, but the entire collection is out of my reach financially.

Posts 2314
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 12:56 PM

I wonder why they have the individual prices listed when they can only be purchased in a bundle?  Confusing.

Posts 2314
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 12:57 PM

I'm sure Faithlife would break up the set if they were allowed to do so. 

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 12:59 PM

Its been some time since these were released.  Certainly someone from Logos can tell us if we could ever expect to see them broken up. 

Posts 861
LogosEmployee

Ronald Quick:

I'm sure Faithlife would break up the set if they were allowed to do so. 

At some point we hope to offer them individually. At this point, we're in the same position as we have been. For various contractual/rights issues, we're not able to sell them individually.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 610
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 3:07 PM

Hi Ben

Thanks for getting back to us. It is frustrating for everyone I'm sure. I have 99.9% of my book collection in Logos and have to Go to Amazon for  the odd Lewis Book. Good luck in your efforts to get them on an individual sale basis :-) 

Posts 188
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 3:18 PM

This is not Faithlife nor the publisher's fault, it is the Lewis family. Take the issue up with them.

Posts 2314
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 5:47 PM

Any chance on getting the Narnia series?

I just purchased them on Kindle, but would get them in Logos too if they were available.

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS