Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Brad Reid | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 12 2016 1:43 PM

This Sunday we encountered a new problem. During my sermon proclaim began rapidly switching back and forth between 2 different bible verse slides. 

I was unable to advance to the next slides (it would revert to the two slides and keep switching between them). The person running things at the computer rebooted the program (and I believe she even rebooted the laptop). 

After I finished preaching I deleted the sermon slides so that the song slides could be displayed. That seemed to fix the problem. 

We haven't made changes to the computer. There was a video in my sermon slides but I've never had issues with videos before. 

I've attached the log files.8080.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 2:35 PM

We have also had the same problem twice now. But I don't have the log files. Ours was on a Mac and happened after just upgrading the OS.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:20 PM

Thanks for the reports, both. Were either of you using the Proclaim Remote to control your presentations during these times or was a booth operator manually changing slides on the presentation machine?

Posts 2
Brad Reid | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:49 PM

I was changing slides using a remote that connects to our machine with a usb receiver. However it is possible that an iPad was connected and had the proclaim remote app running in "control" mode. Which, come to think of it, would be the one new addition that Sunday morning. 

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 9:57 PM

We also were using a USB remote. We have been using that ever since we started using Proclaim 2-3 years ago. There was no one using the app in control mode.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 8:57 AM

Justin Long:

We have also had the same problem twice now. But I don't have the log files. Ours was on a Mac and happened after just upgrading the OS.

Justin, Proclaim saves the last 10 log files automatically so when you have access to the presentation machine you can use the Help menu to save the logs to your computer, then post them here. Additionally if you provide the time frame of the auto navigation issue we can diagnose further. Sorry for the inconvenience, hoping to find a resolution to this issue soon.

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 12:02 PM

Ours was on Sunday morning around 11:00-11:30. I am posting this but also was just reminded by our sound booth guy that we also had an issue of Safari not scrolling properly afterwards. So the issue may or may not be Proclaim.

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 12:03 PM

0044.Proclaim Logs.zip

Sorry forgot to add the logs.

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 12:34 PM

Did some more investigating this morning and determined that our wireless remote was the problem. Once we unplugged it and plugged it back in it worked fine. Sorry should have looked at this before I posted in the forums. Sorry to waste your time.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 2:53 PM

Once we unplugged it and plugged it back in it worked fine.

The greatest electronic troubleshooting process known to humankind :)

We appreciate your post, it's not a waste of time for us to hear issues. Now when the next person has the same issue we will know why. Thanks for posting your resolution!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS