Search feature not appearing in menu after right-click

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:18 AM

I was looking at a recent article about how to search for rhetorical questions in the NT and discovered that I have a problem. When I right-click in my Bibles or books, I do not get a search section (with its various search options) in the left side of the pop-up window. Any help?

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:31 AM

Doug McMasters:
I do not get a search section (with its various search options) in the left side of the pop-up window. Any help?

What do you have selected on the right? This impacts what is displayed on the left. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:38 AM

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:38 AM

I am not getting any search sections no matter what I select from the right side.

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:43 AM

It's possible you have an incomplete or corrupted index.   What does the blue circle with the "1" in it in the upper right indicate when you hover over it?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:46 AM

It is progressing through an index, albeit very slowly, and stands at 52% presently. I will let it update completely and check in with you about what things are like then.

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:56 AM

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:56 AM

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:58 AM

Is it normal to have all searching disabled while indexing? I'm not getting any book or Bible search results.

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:05 AM

Doug McMasters:

Is it normal to have all searching disabled while indexing? I'm not getting any book or Bible search results.

Not usually, but if this is the first time indexing, or if you had a corrupted index that is being rebuilt from scratch, then it would be unavailable for searching until it's complete.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:11 AM

This isn't a first-time indexing, so I can only assume that it might have been corrupted, though I am unaware of that being the case. I will wait for this index to complete. Thank you for the help!

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 4:42 PM

My index must have been corrupt because it is working fine now after taking a long time indexing. Thank you for the help!

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 4:59 PM

Doug McMasters:

My index must have been corrupt because it is working fine now after taking a long time indexing. Thank you for the help!

Excellent.  You're welcome.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS