What new resources??

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 10 2010 6:41 PM

I just "upgraded" from 4.0a to 4.0b RC2 and upon launching received a message that new resources have been added to my library and so I should restart Logos.  Prior to the update I had either 267 or 269 resources (don't remember which) and I now have 270.  So I've apparently received either 1 or 3 new resources.  Is there any way to know what they are?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:05 PM

You could go to your resource folder in Windows ( C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<random>\ResourceManager\Resources [Vista/Win7]) and sort the files by date. The most recently updated/added files will probably include whatever new book that is.

I remember someone mention that one of the Calvin 500 titles was compiled using a new datatype to 4.0b so 4.0a users wouldn't have gotten it. Did you buy the Calvin package?

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:52 PM

Hey, great idea!  I'll try that, thanks :)

No, I didn't get the Calvin 500.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 9:23 PM

Hmmm...well, that didn't work.  The dates are associated with when Logos created and/or modified the files, not when they were downloaded to my PC.  The newest ones are from 2/11.

I even went through and compared my resources to the Base Package Comparison page.  I can't find any differences.  Maybe I've been missing a resource or three this whole time?  I know I had less than 270 before this update.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 4:05 AM

Did you have a supplemental index before this? Did Logos index after you restarted (even briefly?) You could try running a basic search on your entire library (ranked results I think) on a common word like "God" or "the" and see what books are in your supplemental index.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 9:40 AM

Kevin Becker:

Did you have a supplemental index before this? Did Logos index after you restarted (even briefly?) You could try running a basic search on your entire library (ranked results I think) on a common word like "God" or "the" and see what books are in your supplemental index.

Well, after upgrading to 4.0b it did a "first time indexing" to create the new Bible index...then I did a manual rebuild index to give myself a fresh start...so no luck on that front either LOL.  That's OK, I'll just have to live with not knowing Stick out tongue  Thanks anyway!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS