RefTagger in french: Full Bible books name

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Eric | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 21 2016 12:29 PM

Dear all

refTagger is great, but do not work with full name bible books in French

Like : ; Luc 5:23-24, 7:22, 7:48-49 ; Jean 10:21; Psaumes 23:5, Luc 6:38 ; Jean 4:14, etc ....

Could I or you help to make it work?

Cheers

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 10:37 AM

Can you point me in the direction of a site that is not tagging the references correctly?

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 6
Eric | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 12:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. Here is one example http://www.vigi-sectes.org/le-livre-merveilleux/ in Mat 11:3-6 ; Luc 5:23-24, 7:22, 7:48-49 ; Jean 10:21 Only the abreviated Mat. works. Luc, Jean is the full french name
Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 10:14 AM

The page you linked to is using the English version of RefTagger, so only book names/abbreviations that happen to coincide between English and French will be found.

To install the French version of RefTagger, follow the instructions on https://fr.reftagger.com/ (the code snippet is slightly different)

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 6
Eric | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 9:46 PM

Thanks, 

The french webpage instructions seems to be a translation of the english one  and to lead to the same procedure I did. Only the customization part seems different.

If I understand well:  I must customize my WP template to make it french?  but I do not know where / how to customize template. And here I am blocqued

Do you have the plugin code  reftagger/RefTagger.php for french sites?

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 8:14 AM

There must be a documentation error. The Wordpress plugin only supports English.

I myself am not familiar with Wordpress itself, but it should not be difficult to find a guide for template customization.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 6
Eric | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2016 2:41 AM

Praise the Lord, 

I solved my problem for RefTagger with WP in french, as I cannot edit my theme.

I just replaced

g.src = '//api.reftagger.com/v2/reftagger<?php echo $is_spanish ? '.es' : ''?>.js';

by

g.src = "//api.reftagger.com/v2/RefTagger.fr.js";

in the reftagger plugin.php

and it works!

Posts 6
Eric | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 6:54 AM

Many Wordpress users, cannot modify their template on some secure hostings.
So, RefTagger has a port to spanish integrated, it would be great to have the same in French as well.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS