Creating slides within sermon editor

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
andrew saxton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:30 AM

Hi,

I used the sermon editor for the first time today and I was somewhat disappointed with the limited capability of the slide editor. 

I see that I can edit inserted slide text in the side panel but I don't see any way to add emphasis to words and phrases within the text e.g. underline, bold, italic.  There is only the option to change the whole slide to a fancy 'word-art' style font.

I want to create a bulleted list slide but the 'add slide from selected text' button is greyed out when I select multiple paragraphs i.e. lines seperated by carriage return.

There is no way to change the font size apart from the (very slow) up/down arrow. I would like to see either auto re-sizing of the text and/or the ability to scale the font by typing the desired font-size in the box (the typing part is currently possible but input is ignored and the number typed immediately immediately reverts to the previous value). 

I see that there are some nice backgrounds to choose from but they include un-editable text that I don't want e.g. there are nice backgrounds in different colours but the top-right corners have un-editable labels for the different books of the bible. What if I want just the background or I want to have a single background across a set of slides that refers to different books of the bible? 

Please advise how I might get better results from the tool.

Best Regards

Andrew 

Posts 4628
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:00 AM

andrew saxton:
I see that I can edit inserted slide text in the side panel but I don't see any way to add emphasis to words and phrases within the text e.g. underline, bold, italic.  There is only the option to change the whole slide to a fancy 'word-art' style font.

That would likely have to be done after exporting.

Posts 10
LogosEmployee
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 10:19 AM

Yes, Andrew, the idea is that you get your text into your visuals via the Sermon Editor but edit your visuals in Proclaim or PowerPoint. We could start including all the editing features common to Proclaim and PowerPoint within Sermon Editor, but in my estimation that would unnecessarily duplicate (and therefore confuse and complicate) the functionality of dedicated slide-deck editors.

Thoughts? Executives at Faithlife are meeting this very day to talk about priorities for the Sermon Editor.

Posts 33
andrew saxton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 12:47 PM

That makes sense of my experience of the app. Thank you. 

I'm afraid I can't get excited about having to un-pick and reformat a pack of slides. I'd rather do the job once. If I have to re-do them it isn't worth the delay that it seems to add to the word-processor. 

Where there the user expects instant response,  like in sermon editor or notes,  it would make a lot of sense for this to be processed on the user's computer rather than incur what I assume is delayed keystrokes due to remote processing. Of course I might be completely misinterpreting what's happening. 

By the way,  rightly or wrongly,  I purchased logos 7 with the impression,  from your pre-sales information,  that it would export slides to PowerPoint that were ready to use. Why would I assume anything different ?  I feel that I was slightly misled by omissions in the pre-sales materials.  

I hope the meeting goes well

Andrew 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS