Hebrew accents in Copy Bible Verse

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Stephen Koehn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 26 2016 9:24 PM

I have noticed that whenever I use Copy Bible Verse to copy Hebrew text to any word processor (Word and Pages, primarily) if an atnach  accent appears underneath an aleph (א), especially when the vowel is qametz, in the Hebrew text (I tried with BHS/WHM, BHS SESB 2.0 and LHB) it appears instead as a double qametz . Cf. below/attached. This is a screenshot comparison of the same text, one is within Logos resource and the other is from Copy Bible Verse.

vs.   

vs.  

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 9:41 PM

Apologies since unable to replicate using Logos 7.2 Beta 3 on Windows 10 with Word 2010:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 3:25 AM

When you paste in Word, what font is used?

Posts 15
Stephen Koehn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 5:42 AM

Using Logos 6, I am pasting into Word/Pages with SBL Hebrew. The anomaly is present within Logos before it is even copied, however.

Thanks for checking in Logos 7. The Atnach is incorrect on my Gen 1:11 as in the other passages (e.g. Psalm 119:114). I suppose I just need to bite the bullet and get Logos 7... :)

Thanks!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 6:01 AM

Stephen Koehn:
The anomaly is present within Logos before it is even copied, however.

What do you mean? In the resource text? If so, have you tried changing the Hebrew font in Logos to see whether it changes anything (under Tools/Settings)? If it is messed up in Logos, it makes sense that it would copy the same way elsewhere.

Stephen Koehn:
I suppose I just need to bite the bullet and get Logos 7... :)

By all means get Logos 7 if this is what you want, but I never had this problem with Logos 6 and I would be inclined to think it has nothing to do. I cannot be sure, though, so if you need this excuse to convince someone else (or yourself) that you must upgrade, well... Wink

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 8:29 AM

Stephen Koehn:
Using Logos 6, I am pasting into Word/Pages with SBL Hebrew. The anomaly is present within Logos before it is even copied, however.

Using Logos 7.2 Beta 3 on OS X 10.10.5 with Word 2011 cannot replicate, but Pages '09 (version 4.1) has accent issue (used CBV copy and paste into a new document followed by increasing font size):

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS