Reformation Day Bundle Math

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:58 PM | Locked

The math doesn't seem to add up for me. I'm not disputing the deal, but I wonder why the "would cost if purchased separately" amount isn't the same as the individual prices added up:

When you purchase Reformation Day Bundle (95 vols.), you'll get 12 new resources that would cost $748.89 if purchased individually.

Show:   All   New to you   Confessions and CatechismsValue if sold separately
1-2 Peter $19.95
Abraham Kuyper: A Centennial Reader $41.50
Acts $23.95
Christ, Our Righteousness: Paul’s Theology of Justification $16.41
Eerdmans Lutheran Thought and History Collection (25 vols.) (Expand) Only some resources from this collection are included
On Being a Theologian of the Cross: Reflections on Luther’s Heidelberg Disputation, 1518 $21.50
Institutes of the Christian Religion, 1536 Edition $39.50
Institutes of the Christian Religion: 1541 French Edition $39.00
Martin Luther's Basic Theological Writings, 3rd ed. $38.10
Matthew $39.95
Redemption Accomplished and Applied $9.80
Romans $31.95
The Temple and the Church’s Mission: A Biblical Theology of the Dwelling Place of God $21.33
 Total value if sold separately: $748.89
Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2016 3:14 PM | Locked

Garrett Ho:

The math doesn't seem to add up for me. I'm not disputing the deal, but I wonder why the "would cost if purchased separately" amount isn't the same as the individual prices added up: 

Faithlife doesn't intend for the "total value if purchased separately" to be the sum of the values if sold separately. At some point, the site will be updated to properly clarify what that total represents to them (however the actual value apparently won't be changing).

There are a number of reasons that they've taken the time to explain elsewhere.

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2016 3:20 PM | Locked

Ah, thank you for the kind response and the link. I understand better now.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS