auto update layout?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 206
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 3 2016 6:53 AM

Is there a way to set particular layouts (or all layouts) to automatically update rather than manually doing it in layouts by clicking update layout? 

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 7:21 AM

Makes perfect sense to me. Yes

Edit: No, there currently is no way to auto update our layouts.

Posts 3486
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 8:44 AM

I am not sure that everyone would be happy with forgetting that the setting is set to automatic and having it update without approval. 

But, if that works for you, there are two quick alternatives:

• A keyboard shortcut: CTL Alt L
  • You can also type "update active layout" in the command bar, drag the command to your toolbar space and thus have an icon that is quick to click on whenever needed.
Posts 206
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 10:42 AM

I wouldn't want all my layouts to auto update.  But it would be nice to be able to select a particular layout to auto update.

Thanks for your help.

Posts 418
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 11:15 AM

Francis:

But, if that works for you, there are two quick alternatives:

• A keyboard shortcut: CTL Alt L

I like this! I have been updating my active layouts, but assigning a shortcut (like Ward's recent blog post!) would be expedient.  I wonder... is there a way to put it as an icon, similar to how you can make one for "Close All"?

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Silver

Posts 206
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 11:34 AM

Or create an option in the layout dropdown to always auto update layout on close.

Posts 1493
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 11:35 AM

Richard Villanueva:

is there a way to put it as an icon, similar to how you can make one for "Close All"?

Type "update active layout" in the command bar, and then drag the command that appears in the dropdown to the shortcut bar.

Posts 418
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 12:07 PM

Fr Devin Roza:
Type "update active layout" in the command bar, and then drag the command that appears in the dropdown to the shortcut bar.

Bruce Junkermann:
Or create an option in the layout dropdown to always auto update layout on close

Another reason that the forums are the best!

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Silver

Posts 23859
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2016 12:32 PM

Bruce Junkermann:
Or create an option in the layout dropdown to always auto update layout on close.

The active layout is automatically saved as "Application Closed" on close. After you restart you could manually rename that to the 'named' layout you were using, OR do nothing.

What is your option in Program Settings for "At Startup Open to.."?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS