New beta layout for Proclaim remote

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 7 2016 5:57 PM
I really am glad to have the split screen option on the iPad for the Proclaim remote, but the new layout doesn't seem to use the space very effectively. I have a whole side of my iPad and can just see the current slide twice. And the slide picker at the bottom is tiny. I'd like to see a grid option similar to the desktop on the bigger screen of the iPad, or at least the option to keep the current non-beta look on the iPhone that has them as a scrolling list. Just this way makes it hard to get a overview and find the slide you are looking for.
Posts 737
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 9:01 AM

Thanks for trying out the beta. I see what you mean. Especially in iPad split view, the old UI would really work well.. I will look into what we can do.

If the timeline’s size was adjustable, would that make your experience better? This would allow you to make the timeline larger, so you could see the upcoming slide in more detail?

Philip Bassham:
I'd like to see a grid option similar to the desktop on the bigger screen of the iPad

this is something I have thought about as well! I think this would suit the iPad very well.

Also, what apps are you using while you are using the Proclaim Remote? Your bible? Notes? I’m interested to know how you are using this feature.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2016 12:15 AM

An adjustable timeline size would be nice to be able to make the slide readable, but the one row still is not a solution to utilize the whole screen.

It seems like there should be a few options to fit different configurations. Split-view, fullscreen, users of notes or not, users of remotes to advance the slide vs ones that want to use the app itself as a hunt and peck to find the verse or image that fits the moment and may not be in order.

I use it as splitview with my sermon notes in logos app, so I am wanting to see an overview and be able to quickly choose the image I am looking for. So I would like a gridview option that has adjustable image sizes.

But to be able to choose list/grid view, notes above or below the current slide, or the current option should cover all of that.

Posts 159
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 5:35 PM

Jordan,

For the android tablets, the note area seems to be constricted to a small size, no matter whether you hold the tablet in portrait or landscape. When the font size is increased to the largest size, you have to scroll back and forth to see all of the text on that line. The up and down scroll is fine but the side to side scroll is very cumbersome. Was wondering if this was going on on just my tablet, or if this is the way it is suppose to work.Other than that, I like what I see. Smile

Thanks, Richard. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS