Greek or Hebrew

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 11 2016 2:21 AM

I have a great desire to learn the original languages of Scripture.   I am further along with Hebrew than Greek.  I want to study with somebody.  Is there anyone who knows what I might do to start something?  I was considering Skype.  Anyone here want to start with me in Greek?  I just don't know where to start or what really to do.  I would like to get more of a classic Greek study for the church father's and septuagent vocabulary.   This is what I have heard at least. 

Posts 2408
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 5:03 AM

Do any local schools offer these as classes??

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 5:14 AM

Not strictly related (i.e. not about study groups etc), but I've found the Daily Dose of Hebrew/Greek sites to be invaluable in my learning Hebrew with Futato's Beginning Biblical Hebrew, and intend to buy Black's Greek grammar to follow their videos for Greek once I've finished Hebrew and let it settle for a while.

I wish we had something locally that would allow me to sit in an actual classroom setting with others while they studied, but I'm not sure it would be affordable even if I could.

Posts 370
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 6:38 AM

There are several books in logos. There is www.teknia.com. There are videos and workbooks. Several of the resources are available through Logos.

https://www.logos.com/product/41567/basics-of-biblical-greek

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 298
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 7:18 AM

You might want to take a look at Mike Heiser's language class page. This is not the "Learn Hebrew" or "Learn Greek" classes in Logos Mobile Ed. but, for what I can tell, are traditional language classes. I have never taken one of his courses so I don't know what they are like or the cost.

http://www.memraonline.com/

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 8:24 AM

At teknia you can also sign up to take Greek 1 and 2 with Mounce.

Posts 2253
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 9:31 AM

Like any other language, start with memorizing the alphabet. The gospel of John is also a perfect place to begin NT Greek reading and exegesis.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS