Dynamic price error?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4774
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 17 2016 4:43 PM

It seems the dynamic price for this might be off unless I'm seeing it incorrectly. It lists at 149 but at the bottom it adds them up around 135

https://www.logos.com/product/5084/louis-berkhof-collection 

Posts 1011
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 4:58 PM

Not sure what you are seeing ... it looks like it's adding up for me correctly based on resources I already own.

Posts 4774
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 6:48 PM

I'll post two pictures but the dynamic price isoff of 149 but the value of added separately is cheaper at 135

Posts 4774
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 6:49 PM

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 7:50 PM

$149 would include the 3 resources you already own; $135 does not.

Posts 4774
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 18 2016 2:45 AM

I know I'm not the brightest bulb out there... Must have done my math wrong

Thank you for your help

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 18 2016 4:19 AM

Pam Larson:

$149 would include the 3 resources you already own; $135 does not.

Not exactly. (You can verify that by either signing out, or by switching to a private/incognito browser session.)

The "total value if sold separately" would be $200.85, if someone did not own any resources. It is different from the regular price of $149.99, and isn't even intended to be a sum of the individual values listed above it.

That number's sole purpose is to make it appear that we are getting something valued (much) more than the price we would pay. However, it definitely is possible to buy all items separately, yet pay less the than the total value if sold separately.

Although the number is confusing, misleading, or the reason for various threads from time to time, FL remains resolved to show the total value of something, rather than the total cost of something (if bought separately). 

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 18 2016 9:24 AM

When "Total value if sold separately" is less than "Your exclusive price" then search for individual items on sale.

Also can be worthwhile to check if individual items are on sale with better discount than dynamic pricing: e.g. 102.30 / 135.88 * 100 = 75.3 % so an individual item on sale for 25 % or more discount may reduce dynamic price more than individual purchase (do have 30 days to return purchase).

Also check for inclusion in Base Package: e.g. Berkhof Collection is included in Reformed Gold => https://www.logos.com/product/81193/reformed-gold that has a lower average price per resource.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 6:22 PM

Just found this.  This is obviously wrong.  What do I do with this information on a Saturday PM.  I don't know if this is an isolated issue with me or others.  

Mike

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 6:44 PM

OMykeO:

Just found this.  This is obviously wrong.  What do I do with this information on a Saturday PM.  I don't know if this is an isolated issue with me or others.

While it may not be clear, it's not exactly wrong. Since two of the items are individually on sale, but the set itself is not, your exclusive price is based on the non-sale price of the set.

At present, it's up to you to see that the "Total value if sold separately" is less than the "Your exclusive price," and figure out that it's cheaper for you to buy the individual items at their sale price, then to buy the (remaining items of the) more expensive set at its dynamic full price.

It is wrong in the sense that FL can and should improve the product pages to make it clear when it is cheaper to buy the items separately, if items go on sale, but the set is not also on sale.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS