Bug: Clippings formatting / margins not working correctly in the Print/Export screen

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 21 2016 11:50 PM

Clippings print margins are not working correctly in the Print/Export screen.  In fact, I would suggest that they are not even retaining the formatting of the resource being copied from, but that is much less important for my purposes (than the wayward margins on the first line of each verse in the Print/Export screen).  Please see attached screenshot.  Thanks!

Posts 27240
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 22 2016 2:44 PM

Christopher Klein:
Please see attached screenshot.

I can reproduce the misalignment, but the verse numbers are missing! Also notice a similar misalignment with ESV e.g. Is 35:4; clipped without the verse number --> both from an old clipping and one I did just now.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3707
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 22 2016 4:17 PM

Christopher Klein:

Clippings print margins are not working correctly in the Print/Export screen.  In fact, I would suggest that they are not even retaining the formatting of the resource being copied from, but that is much less important for my purposes (than the wayward margins on the first line of each verse in the Print/Export screen).  

Christopher, 

I'll look into this.

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 22 2016 8:52 PM

Thank you.

Posts 3707
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2016 6:02 PM

Christopher Klein:

Thank you.

Chris,

I was able to reproduce this and have a case submitted for the team to look at.

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 12:59 PM

Thank you, again.  Do you know when this might be fixed?  I tried testing this today, and I'm still seeing the same formatting problem (please see attachment).

Sincerely,

Chris7571.Test Clippings Export.pdf

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 7:26 AM

Bump.  Any updates on this?  Thanks!

Posts 3707
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 9:20 AM

Hi Christopher,

I don't have any update on when this will be fixed. 

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 3 2017 5:48 PM

Philiana - thank you for the update.  Is it still something the team would like to fix eventually, or is it off their radar at this point?

Posts 2817
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 3 2017 7:17 PM

Speaking as a developer on the team, I'd like to eventually fix all of the bugs. Unfortunately, that's never going to happen.

We usually don't plan for most bug fixes more than a few weeks ahead. The remainder are placed in a pool for future prioritization when there is room in the schedule to fix more bugs. This bug is not currently on the schedule to be fixed within the next couple weeks. That means we have no immediately knowledge as to when it might be addressed. This doesn't mean it's permanently off the radar though.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 12:02 PM

Thanks, Andrew.  I appreciate everyone's responsiveness to such questions.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS