Start Music on Second Slide button.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 26 2016 3:42 AM

Many of the worship gatherings I lead don't have a musician and the singers are either too few, too unfamiliar with hymns, or too old and infirm to sing with the gusto they once had. I am writing about residential care homes, hospital wards, small churches etc.

To mitigate this problem I often use recordings of singers, choirs etc this works well and gives the congregation the chance to sing as well as they can without their voice standing out and drawing attention to themselves.

Proclaim works well with this system with one major drawback. Many of the recordings start the hymn/song immediately on starting the track with no introduction. If you want a title slide then you have to construct it and insert it separately from the song display so that people have a chance to stand and be ready.

This arrangements works but negates all the set up options for song titles and credit displays. It also makes moving a song around in the order a multiple action and increases the potential for mistakes.

I have asked before and now ask again. Please can we have a 'Start background audio on second slide' setting on the song set-up please. It really would make my live much easier.

Posts 34
David Bayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2016 3:49 AM

Amen

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 9:25 AM

Thanks David 

I am glad I am not the only one making this request.

Posts 87
Dave Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 10:31 AM

Hey Guys,

Here's one possible solution for for what you are wanting to do:

Create a blank recording such as "Blank15sec.m4a". I was able to do this quickly with Quicktime going to File/New Audio Recording... hit the record but and record silence, then go to File/Save and Save your file. (I'll attache mine here, but not sure if you can download it).

Now... On your song slide insert the Blank Song first, then the Song you want to Play. You could make your blank.mp4 recording longer or shorter if you like.

When the slide plays, there is a "Rewind|Pause-Play|Forward" button under the slide in Presentation/Preview Mode. You could press the Forward button if you want to start sooner than the blank.m4a. Otherwise, when the blank.m4a has played it will automatically move to the next song in the playlist.

5554.Blank.m4a

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2016 11:45 AM
Why thanks Dave. That is a good idea. And your example file did download and works as expected. Unfortunately it is in the wrong key 😊 Maybe we will hear from the developers about how hard (or easy) this might be to implement properly.
Posts 87
Dave Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2016 10:40 AM

Hi Mike,

The file I made was just a 15sec. mp3 of silence. If you downloaded it and then clicked to play it, it may have opened in iTunes or your media player and played the 15 seconds of silence and then played the next song in your player, explaining why you actually heard something.

If you need more than the 15 seconds you could make a longer silent.mp3 or just add the 15 second file I made multiple times before the hymn mp3.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. I think the separate Title Slide might be the best solution. Or perhaps a regular Scripture slide before the song, such as Psalm 96:1-2.

Don't forget, once you've created a title slide you can always use it again with the Add Item/Reuse Item, so at least you only have to make the title slides once for each song/hymn.

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:12 AM

Dave Hill:
The file I made was just a 15sec. mp3 of silence. If you downloaded it and then clicked to play it, it may have opened in iTunes or your media player and played the 15 seconds of silence and then played the next song in your player, explaining why you actually heard something.

Greetings Dave and best wishes for the new year.

The line about the silence being 'in the wrong key' was my pathetic attempt at humour. It rarely works!

Unlike the file itself that has already been pressed into service and is fast approaching the top of my most listened to track list.

These work rounds are ingenious but should be unnecessary.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS