The eternal King, Jesus Christ, Wonderful

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 2 2016 8:11 AM

I really liked the video FL created about Jesus Christ, and shared it on Twitter.

This morning, an email arrives from FL containing a very similar, slightly disturbing ad that suggests the wonder that we should marvel at is not Jesus Christ, but special savings and deals.

I think it's great that FL wants to encourage people to get into the word, to uncover the good news about Jesus Christ, our Savior, but is it really a good idea for FL to use the same marketing to suggest that their Christmas sale is Wonderful?

Am I alone in this unsettling feeling about the ad?

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 9534
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 9:00 AM

PetahChristian:
Am I alone in this unsettling feeling about the ad?

When it says "Uncover the Wonder of the Word" I didn't find that unsettling at all. I love to study the Word of God and Logos helps me uncover the wonder of doing that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 32
William Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 2:38 PM

I can see how the wording could be disconcerting to someone. I felt the same way about the Passion of the Christ movie, seemed odd to watch a movie about our savior's torture and death while munching on popcorn and nachos. As far as the Logos sale goes, we are bound by human language. I've found that people in modern culture have really lost a sense of wonder/awesomeness. People tend to describe everything from food to meaningful relationships with the same words. Logos is advertising the ability uncover the "wonder" of God's word and the tools to aid in that discovery.

I wouldn't have worded in the way Logos did...but there is some truth in their advertising. Logos does help me uncover the wonders of Jesus. 

Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:01 PM

Personally I think Logos marketing has been on a slippery slope for many years, but I'd give them the benefit of doubt on them implying Logos Bible Software is as wonderous as Christ. 

I think they actually have a good message in this piece, but that message is a little detracted from by the implication you need Logos Bible software to be able to uncover the wondet of the Word or to make a commitment to do that this Christmas.

Posts 32
William Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:42 PM

It is a slippery slope, but doesn't necessarily mean they will slip. Hopefully, the emphasis will be on discovering the riches of God's Word which I believe is the intent of the ad.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS