Carson's Sermons Almost Here!

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 5 2016 11:27 AM

Let's hope there won't be any delays on this archive! 12/19/2016!!!

DAL

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 12:04 PM

Just read the email! Pretty stoked too!! 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 4:46 PM

I've been waiting forever for this puppy to arrive.  Carson's books have very preachable material, now imagine his sermons.  I'm pretty sure we won't be disappointed 👍

DAL

Posts 124
Mark Ziebold | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 7:46 PM

Many of us have been waiting for a long time for this.   Hoping as well for a great resource. 

Posts 699
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 11:04 AM

Look at the titles of some of these "sermons":

• Basic Baptist Beliefs
  • Openness of God Theology
  • The New Perspective on Paul
  • The Use of the OT in the NT

Those of you who are pastors, have you ever preached such sermons? Now if Carson came to my church as a guest preacher, he could probably make these subjects preachable, interesting, and applicable. But if it were me preaching, I know such sermon topics wouldn't go over too well in the pews!

My point: I think it's more accurate to say this is a collection of Carson' sermons and lectures.

Posts 1516
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 11:12 AM

December 19 - What a day, Trump and Carson Zip it!

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 11:21 AM

Ted Weis:

Look at the titles of some of these "sermons":

• Basic Baptist Beliefs
  • Openness of God Theology
  • The New Perspective on Paul
  • The Use of the OT in the NT

Those of you who are pastors, have you ever preached such sermons? Now if Carson came to my church as a guest preacher, he could probably make these subjects preachable, interesting, and applicable. But if it were me preaching, I know such sermon topics wouldn't go over too well in the pews!

My point: I think it's more accurate to say this is a collection of Carson' sermons and lectures.

While some of those are more like lecture type information, yet they can be adapted for Bible Studies on a Wednesday night or Sunday morning.  Lots of material to learn from it.

DAL

Posts 1033
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 11:26 AM

Is $89.95 a good pre order price? 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 1516
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 12:34 PM

Keith Pang:

Is $89.95 a good pre order price? 

16 cents per sermon. What do you think?

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1033
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 12:37 PM

HAHA good point there...I never bought a sermon archive. I just want to know how people use these in their workflow? 

Posts 1516
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 12:49 PM

Keith Pang:

I just want to know how people use these in their workflow? 

I use it through Passage Guide or Topic Guide. There should be section: Sermons.  For example, put "prayer" on Topic Guide and see how it is useful

Posts 2249
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 1:05 PM

From the Logos blog- 

This resource will ship on 12/19 at 2:30 PM PST. Be sure to place your Pre-Pub order before then to lock in your discounted price!

Posts 1033
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2016 1:06 PM

Thanks for the tip! 

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:34 AM

Wild Eagle:

Keith Pang:

I just want to know how people use these in their workflow? 

I use it through Passage Guide or Topic Guide. There should be section: Sermons.  For example, put "prayer" on Topic Guide and see how it is useful

FL  is also working on a feature named "Send to Sermon Editor"  which currently only works when you want to import outlines from the Dictionary of Bible Themes to the Sermon Editor.  They are also working on making  every Bible reference  "hyperlinked" which is going to be very useful on mobile devices. No more creating slides that include all the text thereby making you manuscript too long within the software.

DAL

Posts 1033
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 9:27 PM

So how helpful do people find sermon archives to be? Or is it better to focus on dictionaries, commentaries, language tools, etc?

Posts 36342
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:32 PM

Keith Pang:
So how helpful do people find sermon archives to be? Or is it better to focus on dictionaries, commentaries, language tools, etc?

It depends upon my purposes. I would never focus on dictionaries or language tools as they are both items that should be outgrown for constant use and reserved to for actual problems. Commentaries and monographs should consistently be able to offer something new if you own a variety. Sermons I find very useful - but more historical than contemporary archives. They provide a cross-section view of how others have interacted with the text.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1033
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:38 PM

MJ. Smith:

It depends upon my purposes. I would never focus on dictionaries or language tools as they are both items that should be outgrown for constant use and reserved to for actual problems. Commentaries and monographs should consistently be able to offer something new if you own a variety. Sermons I find very useful - but more historical than contemporary archives. They provide a cross-section view of how others have interacted with the text.

MJ, you bring up a lot of solid points. I have sort of a historical sermon archive from the packages I purchased from L6, and a little in 7. I was contemplating if the D.A. Carson one would be worthwhile since he is in my opinion a very solid scholar. Just trying to see if it's worth the investment, but again at 16 cents a sermon, that is great deal. 

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 2:46 PM

I'm starting to get nervous now it's almost 6 PM Eastern standard time and nothing.  I hope they don't get pushback.

DAL

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 2:50 PM

Aw, DAL! I got all excited when I saw your post.

It's after my bedtime but I've been waiting up for it. Ah well. Probably ought to head to bed anyway.

Posts 269
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 3:05 PM

Hi all,

Per my blog post from this past Saturday, we were waiting until 2:30 PST to ship the sermon archive. Orders are currently being processed and shipped as we speak.

Enjoy the new sermon archive Big Smile

Daniel

Product Manager, Faithlife

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS