Recommendation, Please

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:54 AM

I am looking for the best desktop computer to run Logos 7.  We are going to upgrade the computer in my office and I am looking to replace my old iMac which takes forever to load most of the features. What are your thoughts?  Thanks!

Posts 1222
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 9:49 AM

Larry Sterling Jr.:

I am looking for the best desktop computer to run Logos 7.  We are going to upgrade the computer in my office and I am looking to replace my old iMac which takes forever to load most of the features. What are your thoughts?  Thanks!

I would consider a SSD  "must have" and after that, as much Ram as you can afford.

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:03 PM

If you are wanting a Mac, I don't have any suggestions. However, I recently obtained a CyberpowerPC SLC2400C Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics - Windows 10 Professional from Costco. It has 32 GB RAM and a 2 TB Hard drive with a 250 GB SSD drive. I loaded Logos 7 on the SSD and I am amazed at how fast everything is now. This is a gaming computer. I have zero interest in gaming, but wanted something to run Logos 7 at more than a snail's pace. This unit it did it for me.

Posts 1982
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:35 PM

What else do you use it for?  Video watching?  Video Editing?  Photography and editing?  That would impact suggestions.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 262
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 9:31 PM

With any computer, Mac or PC, an SSD drive is a non-negotiable. Also, the more RAM the better. I run Logos on a 2015 MacBook Pro with an SSD and 8GB of RAM, and it works just fine for me. But as Joseph Turner asks, what else are you going to use the computer for? I mean, if you buy something with an SSD, lots of RAM, good processor and graphics capabilities, you'll be set for most anything, not just Logos. Don't limit your purchase to just Logos. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS