So...what would make you buy more books from Logos?

Page 10 of 10 (196 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10
This post has 195 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 345
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 7:24 PM

I Just found a series by Thomas B. Warren - which I will be buying (thanks to Dal).  And I found out also (from  Dal) that "The Bible Only Makes Christians Only and Only Christians" is going to become available soon (I hope) which I will buy also. 

I would love to see the following:

Truth for Today commentaries by Eddie Cloer and others.

Resource of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit by Goebel Music

Notes from the margins of my Bible by Wayne Jackson

NB Hardeman Tabernacle Sermons by NB Hardeman

Why I am a member of the Church of Christ by Leroy Brownlow. 

Get these in and I'll get my money ready...Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 2872
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 9:12 PM

If Faithlife could offer Abingdon Press' edition of The Bicentennial Edition of the Works of John Wesley, which is the only scholarly edition available, that would motivate me to make a major purchase.  It is not available in Logos format. This edition is edited and has notes from the best Wesleyan scholars in the world.  The editions of Wesley's Works in Logos format lack any scholarly input from the any scholar of the past 125 years.  For someone of a Methodist / Wesleyan theology that is a major problem and oversight by Faithlife.

I apologize. Reading this thread, I see that I had already posted in this thread.  My, I am getting old!  

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1490
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 12:31 AM

For me it's very simple: more amazing sales - especially like the $7.99 per book sales. I have every book I "need", so sales that encourage me to buy because "the price is too good to resist" are the best way to encourage me to buy more. The monthly free book of the month +1s do this, as do the daily deals when they grab my attention as possibly of interest, although I think I've only bought a handful in the last few years from the daily deals.

And get publishers to remember Faithlife when it comes to eBook sales. Some don't seem to automatically include Faithlife, but seem happy to do so when asked.

Posts 42
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 2:32 AM

More sales=more intuitive functionality with less bells/whistles/predigested "facts"

Posts 2756
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 6:24 AM

Logos 10 base package discounts.  Just like Logos 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 did.

Posts 4
Chong Shipei | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 4:07 AM

I buy if the books are what I want and at affordable prices!

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 3:29 PM

I am always open to completing sets I partially own, if the price is reasonable/fair.  Smile

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 944
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 9:19 AM

Doc B:

David Paul:
rather than having to type out passages for quoting would be a blessing.

You don't need to type passages.

<snipped out reference to scanningpens/>

Slight tangent, but if you often look up Bible references in print resources, Logos' Reference Scanner (mobile only) provides another way to avoid have to type in references: see Logos Mobile - Reference Scanner – Logos Help Center.

Posts 120
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 11:12 AM

I expect a new pre-pub + etc. to have a complete record in the FL database.

Many times,  one or more of the following is/are missing:

1.   Number of pages

2.   Sample pages

3.   Authorial bibliography

I tend to ''walk away'' from a book that FL has provided an incomplete entry for.

I strongly feel I should not have to do extra research within FL or hit Amazon's currents to find what FL should provide.

Some books...say...''will be available 3Q 2021''...will not have all the information on its entry pages, but this should be an exception.

I could buy a volume + return it if unacceptable, but I do not want the pain.

Posts 77
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2021 8:22 PM

1. Lower prices.

2. More frequent and higher base package sales.

3. Notifications when something on Wish List is on sale. I can't live my whole life monitoring my Wish List for non-dynamic pricing sales. Gimme an option to get  email notifications please!

4. More diverse sales. Seems like the same items go on sale over and over. Some items never seem to go on sale.

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 7:15 PM

scooter:

1.   Number of pages

2.   Sample pages

4. Quality ToCs.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 5
David Menton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:38 PM

I have had Kretzmanns Popular Commentary on preorder for four years. i will not buy anything until i can get Kretzmann.

Posts 31290
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 5:22 PM

David Menton:
I have had Kretzmanns Popular Commentary on preorder for four years

A clarification only because of all the new users Wordsearch has brought in. Kretzmanns is not available for preorder - only prepublications are. This is a community pricing resource in which you have placed a bid of the price you would pay for it, if there is sufficient interest in the resource for Faithlife to produce it.  In four years, the necessary interest has not yet been reached.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 5:31 PM

MJ. Smith:

David Menton:
I have had Kretzmanns Popular Commentary on preorder for four years

A clarification only because of all the new users Wordsearch has brought in. Kretzmanns is not available for preorder - only prepublications are. This is a community pricing resource in which you have placed a bid of the price you would pay for it, if there is sufficient interest in the resource for Faithlife to produce it.  In four years, the necessary interest has not yet been reached.

Link here: https://www.logos.com/product/42072/kretzmanns-popular-bible-commentary

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 120
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 6:04 AM

SineNomine:

scooter:

1.   Number of pages

2.   Sample pages

4. Quality ToCs.

Yes to quality TOCs!!!

Posts 910
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 7:57 AM

More new books from current writers. Work with publishers so that books are released on Logos the day they go on Amazon. 

Page 10 of 10 (196 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 | RSS