Running Logos 7 on an external SSD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 58
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 19 2016 2:09 PM

Does anyone currently run Logos on an external SSD (USB 3.1)?  If so, can you tell me your experience with it. I could always run it on my regular internal HDD on my laptop (internal ssd is almost full), but indexing takes too long with my library size.

Posts 1130
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 6:41 PM

Hi Anthony Running on an external drive is not going to be good.

From what you said it sounds like your current laptop has both an internal SSD & HDD and that your SSD is almost full. I don't know the size of your drives for your system. But if your have a second SSD.

Why not replace the internal HDD with the SSD and have them as internal drives for better Performance and move the HDD to external.

I have a MacBook Pro my internal SSD is 256GB with 120 - 130GB of free space, and I have a second external SSD to hold my data files.

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 58
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:27 AM

Lee:

Hi Anthony Running on an external drive is not going to be good.

From what you said it sounds like your current laptop has both an internal SSD & HDD and that your SSD is almost full. I don't know the size of your drives for your system. But if your have a second SSD.

Why not replace the internal HDD with the SSD and have them as internal drives for better Performance and move the HDD to external.

I have a MacBook Pro my internal SSD is 256GB with 120 - 130GB of free space, and I have a second external SSD to hold my data files.

Thanks, Lee. I was hoping to install Logos on the external SSD since I already have one and use it all of the time.  But, I opened my laptop and found out it has 2 extra spots for SSDs (i previously thought it didn't). I just went and bought an internal one. Problem solved.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS