Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Old Westside Media | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:36 AM

Wondering what computer setups people are using for Proclaim. Im thinking ahead to upgrading our church system in the future and wondering what people have to run proclaim to their  main screens and confidence monitors. (Graphics card, processor, ram, signal distribution etc...)

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 2:05 PM

Hello Westside Media!

I figured I'd chime in here and recommend this article: 

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763795-What-are-the-Proclaim-system-requirements-

While this article discusses the requirements I feel like it provides a good starting point. 

Hopefully you'll get some replies from other folks providing their specs for their setups soon!

Posts 34
felipe salas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 2:39 PM

Our setup for 1 year until 1 month ago was a macbook 2009 white unibody, it works well but sometimes the program crashes. Now we have a PC with an Intel I7 4770 at 3.0GHZ, 1 SSD 120Gb for SO and 1 HDD 1000GB, Graphic Card is an Asus nvidia 770, 16 Gb ram. This computer is like 2 years old but works perfectly, i can run graphics, record multitrack, control lights and the computers still using the middle of the power

Posts 210
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 5:23 PM

The system requirements are not very onerous: you might be able to look at some re-furbished business systems coming off-lease.
That might also provide you with an option to buy two instead of one to improve overall reliability of the setup.
We bought two about a year and a half ago, Win7Pro, which upgraded easily at zero cost to Win10Pro which works smoothly on them.

We occasionally have lengthy meetings where it is useful to be able to edit upcoming material on one computer while projecting from the other.

Our projectors and monitors are still all using VGA cables so graphics card requirements are not high end: most systems have multiple video output capability these days which can run Proclaim well..

Posts 4737
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 1:03 AM

I use a simple system that is designed to be portable.

Projector - Apple TV - Airport Express - MacBook Air.

The system works well using HDMI cables to connect the lot together.

Because, with the Apple system you are working with a restricted hardware configuration you are less likely to run into video problems - and if you do it is likely that everyone else will be too.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 11:05 AM

with the Apple system you are working with a restricted hardware configuration you are less likely to run into video problems - and if you do it is likely that everyone else will be too.

This is accurate -- if you're looking for reliability, Mac is the way to go because of the limited hardware configurations.

If you're going to buy a Windows machine, I'd strongly recommend you get a dedicated graphics card (read: not an Intel HD card). The reason behind this is that Proclaim is a relatively video-intensive app, and if you intend to use motion backgrounds or videos in your presentation it's best to have the GPU do the lifting.

You shouldn't be constrained by RAM -- it's cheap anyway. I'd highly recommend you use Windows 10 on your Windows system if that's the route you're going. We've had a significant number of reports that indicated the successful resolution of issues when upgrading from earlier versions of Windows to Windows 10.

Posts 210
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 1:50 PM

For those on a more limited budget who do not intend to run Proclaim to its limits re videos etc and who do not use a confidence monitor at this point, you may find (as we did) that this type of system works well for the average user.

We got ours from a local source not from Newegg, but these show what is generally available at a low cost:
They have VGA and Display port connections to run a local monitor and drive the projectors using the extended desktop option.

Bear in mind these are Canadian prices....

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883285882&ignorebbr=1

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883285883&ignorebbr=1

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883285672&ignorebbr=1

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883285922&ignorebbr=1

Your exact choice may depend on what else, if anything, besides Proclaim you want to run on your system.

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 2:52 PM

We went Mac and have not regretted it. Our setup is nearly identical to that of Mike Binks; MacBook Pro Retina, Apple TV, Airport Express, several PowerLine Network adapters, and iPads and/or iPhone for remote control. I use the iPads for remote control of our QSC16 sound board as well. We rent a space, so everything goes up before service and then comes back down after.

We tried Windows initially, but found it much too unreliable. I had to use, or babysit, the machine almost daily in order for it to remain updated. I could never know exactly when I would need to update the graphics drivers, but would usually find out on Sunday morning when it was too late to do anything about it. If I were to wait for Sunday morning to start it up, it would sometimes require an hour to download and install Windows patches over the slow network provided by the building owner. Sometimes it would download updates in the middle of the service; even if I had it completely patched on Friday afternoon. You could never predict when it would need to reboot, or crash, or display some pop-up for some reason or other. I have been a MCP for years, and now I absolutely hate anything with Microsoft on it. The recent releases have totally soured the milk. Since switching to Mac, for use with Proclaim, I have had no regrets. I play the obedient MCP at work, and then return home to my Macs to relax.

Now if Proclaim ran on Linux, I could be one step closer to heaven.

Posts 53
Ezra Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2016 1:52 PM

You might need to change some settings on Windows 10. MS decided to make windows desktop and windows phone the same so you can sync everything.

The updates have a setting that allow you to turn your windows machines into peer to peer machines for updates. That will slow your machine to a halt, network wise.

Proclaim for linux....dream. There is an open source app called openlp or something like that. Try that. They have an app for droid if you use the fdroid app.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS