January Free Book

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 5:12 AM

Thank you Mattillo and FAITHLIFEBig SmileYes

Posts 532
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 5:28 AM

Have the free but will grab the other at the nice price - thanks Mattillo and FL Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 28
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 6:53 AM

thank you

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 6:59 AM

Also I noticed the Clarence Larkin collection is on sale this month!

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 7:01 AM

Glenn Crouch:

Have the free but will grab the other at the nice price - thanks Mattillo and FL Yes

I'm the same as you Glenn. The other book does look very good though. I echo your thoughts of thanks.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 1:34 PM

Wow, the second book is a real gem. Thank you FL!Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 4:16 PM

Thanks much! 

The publication date for The Book of Acts..." is 1990 but Hemer died in 1987.  Does anyone know when the book was actually written?

Posts 1011
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 4:17 PM

Thank you, Faithlife!

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 5:09 PM

Gao Lu:

Thanks much! 

The publication date for The Book of Acts..." is 1990 but Hemer died in 1987.  Does anyone know when the book was actually written?

From the forward:

Early in 1987 Dr Hemer fell ill and he died in June of that year. Fortunately his work on Acts was well advanced, and it was immediately apparent that, p viii though what had been completed lacked the author’s final revision and some parts were in draft form, the manuscript was largely in a publishable form. The task of editing and completing the work was entrusted to Mr Conrad H. Gempf, and on behalf of Colin’s many friends I should like to express our deep gratitude to him for his diligence and care in this labour of love.

I. Howard Marshall, “Foreword,” in The Book of Acts in the Setting of Hellenistic History, ed. Conrad H. Gempf (Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 1990), vii–viii.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 6322
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 5:55 PM

Thanks, FL!

DAL

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:48 AM

Thanks FL and Mattillo !  Yes

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 3:12 AM

Joseph Turner Thanks for that info.  I got the book. :)

Posts 1248
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 3:46 AM

Thanks!

Posts 231
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:25 AM

I'm looking forward to reading the volume by Hemer.   Thanks Faithlife.

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 8:10 AM

Glenn Crouch:
Have the free but will grab the other at the nice price

Same here, thanks FL, in Washington StateWink

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 3:51 AM

I am on the fence about Hermer's book. For those of you who bought it, how do you imagine using it? Is it a book you would plan on reading all the way through or just using for reference? If just for reference, how would you integrate it with say a Bible class on Acts? Since it is arranged topically rather than textually, I'm thinking you would either have to rely on searches or an index (if there is one) to find portions of the books dealing with a particular passage. Thanks for helping me make a decision here!

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS