PRAISE THE LORD FOR LOGOS!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 943
P A | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:10 PM

Fellow Logos users

We are truly blessed to have a resource like Logos.  There are parts of the world where they don't have a written Bible in their own language.

Let us be truly grateful for having Logos. Praise the LORD!

If LOGOS has enhance your ministry or opened God's word for you. I would encourage you to give Thanks!

Praise the LORDBig Smile

Paul

Oxford, EnglandSmile

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:17 PM

Amen!  In the past 14 years of using Logos, it has served me well as a seminary student, pastor, teacher, and Doctoral Student!  It is truly a blessing to my ministry and personal life!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:20 PM

PAULSPICER:
If LOGOS has enhance your ministry or opened God's word for you. I would encourage you to give Thanks!

I couldn't be more thankful for this Bible software! It has truly enhanced my study of God's Word!

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:35 PM

Jonathan Sine:

PAULSPICER:

I couldn't be more thankful for this Bible software! It has truly enhanced my study of God's Word!

Yes

Chris

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:56 PM

I am deeply indebted to Logos Bible Software and what it has enabled me to do both in my ministry and my continuing academic studies. If it were not for Logos I would be unable to combine full-time parish ministry and part-time PhD research at Aberdeen University. Logos has considerably reduced the time I need for sermon preparation and so enabled me to embark upon a part-time PhD in New Testament. For that many thanks.

I have been a Logos user since Logos 1.6 in 1993/4, when it was first distributed in Britain by Hodder & Stoughton. It enabled me to find things in the Bible in English, Greek and Hebrew. At a stroke it made my massive concordances redundant. Back then I could even copy verses straight into my AmiPro 3 wordprocessor without even opening Logos. I could print out Greek or Hebrew text in any size type and work with coloured pencils and scribble notes or discoveries down. It saved me hours of preparation time every week.

When Logos 2 came along it began to open up interactive Bible study and sermon preparation, co-ordinating commentaries, dictionaries and other texts. Like its predecessor, it worked right out of the box.

Later, when Logos 3 (aka Libronix DLS) arrived things were even better. The digital libraries expanded and developed and the academic resources were/are wonderful. Again, it worked right out of the box.To this day it has never given me a moment's trouble. It could do anything I wanted in terms of searches and textual anayses. And I could always refresh my memory on rarer kinds of searches and analyses, if I needed to from the excellent online tutorials. I added SESB to my resources to provide the critical apparatus I desired, the Pre-Pub system was a wonderful way for a poor minister to add resources at very reasonable cost. Then as a student I was able to upgrade from "no base package" to OLL and then Scholar's Gold through the academic program. I would never have been able to afford it otherwise. As an expository preacher, preparing two sermons every week, I would "tool up" with resouces from Logos every time I was embarking on a new book of the Bible to supplement my existing digital and print libraries.

My PhD work is well on track, using a five year-old Toshiba Tablet Laptop with Logos 3. I should finish in June after six years part-time. Steve Runge, Logos scholar in residence, has been very helpful on a couple of occasions when my researches in New Testament orality/aurality pointed to spending time learning about discourse analysis. The Lexham series is a real time-saver, and the varied morphological searches I can employ provide fast analysis of the biblical text. Thanks again.

Already Logos 4 Mac A15 is getting to the point where it is getting usable for more than just spelunking in. Being able to have it and Logos for Mac 1.2.2 open in different workspaces (using Spaces) means that one can complement the other.

Yes, I am immensely grateful.

DG

Alan Macgregor

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 1:07 PM

Chris Elford:

i have never been as happý as now ,since I have joined the Forum,because of this praises to the Lord ,who has given the privilage of making available all the resources for studying the Bible.I Just bless all of you who are now Worshing the Lord by doing this.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 77
Geneva Smith Krag | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 1:54 PM

Yes

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 2:00 PM

I can't help myself I give thanks to the Lord daily for Logos.  It has changed the way that I study, and it makes things that were nearly impossible, become so easy that anyone can now do them in a few minutes.

This software I believe will someday help change the way our leaders are educated, they will no longer be forced to leave a local fellowship and go to a Seminary or bible school to get a complete bible education they will be able to learn within the local body and go how ever far they want to when it comes to the higher levels of bible study.

Many of my friends have gone on to get higher degrees, I did not care about a higher degree, I just wanted the education, but still I was being pushed towards seminary, but now  that desire is gone, I am learning as much or more in my own home using Logos, and interacting with my friends that have the higher degrees,  without having to move, it is wonderful!!!

I think Logos will just get better and better!

Hopefully the whole body of Christ will catch on that Logos can be used to help anyone that wants to learn more about the scriptures!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 2:28 PM

Alan Macgregor:
If it were not for Logos I would be unable to combine full-time parish ministry and part-time PhD research at Aberdeen University.

(at least) one of my professors got their PhD there . . .

on topic: i love love love Logos

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 2:37 PM

I thank God that He put me here in a time when the bible is so accessible, and that Logos has been affordable to me!

What a gracious God we worship!

Thank you also Logos!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 4:37 PM

Robert Pavich:
What a gracious God we worship!

Amen Amen Amen

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:25 PM

PAULSPICER:

Fellow Logos users

We are truly blessed to have a resource like Logos.  There are parts of the world where they don't have a written Bible in their own language.

Let us be truly grateful for having Logos. Praise the LORD!

Praise the LORDBig Smile

Paul

Oxford, EnglandSmile 

Praise the Lord that Paul Spicer of Oxford, England, who wrote an amazing Easter Oratorio (libretto by N.T. Wright) which I heard in Cambridge in Sept 2000 at the Theology Through the Arts Conference (if indeed it's the same Paul Spicer) is using Logos and is happy about it! Smile

And yes, Logos has been a great blessing to me. The Paul Spicer I'm thinking of would appreciate this paean (apologies to G.M. Hopkins):

Glory be to God for Logos things—
For screens of subtle-colour as an interface;
For icons all in a row upon the Shortcut bar;
Fresh resources; dynamic collections; easy purchases;
Tabs plotted and pieced—arranged in tiles;
And Logos programmers, their compiler and network and training.

All features counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle (even beta versions);
With swift, slow (increasingly more of the former than the latter);
He fathers-forth whose beauty is bug-free;
Praise him!

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:49 PM

Rosie Perera:
this paean (apologies to G.M. Hopkins):

Quite delightfulSmile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:15 PM

Amen!  From the very first version of Logos, which replaced the old CDWORD, Logos Bible software has revolutionized my study of God's Word.  I will be eternally thankful to the Logos Company.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 11:37 PM

MJ. Smith:

Rosie Perera:
this paean (apologies to G.M. Hopkins):

Quite delightfulSmile

FYI, the reason I said Paul Spicer would enjoy it is I saw that he'd written a setting of Hopkins's "Pied Beauty" for SATB and organ. In fact, it was exploring his website that gave me the inspiration to do it as a praise of Logos.

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 11:50 PM

Michael Childs:

From the very first version of Logos, which replaced the old CDWORD...

Actually, Logos existed alongside CDWORD for a while, and bought the rights to their library when it became clear that Logos would be the surviving platform and CDWORD was headed for the dustbin of history. But we have CDWORD to thank for a lot of the early content that Logos added (I think this happened between Logos 1.6 and 2.0, but I can't remember).

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:09 AM

I regularly thank God for Logos. Even now as I am in my hospital bed unable to sleep due to pain, I still have my entire digital library with me. God's Word is immediately accessible to me along with so many excellent books. Without Logos I'd be stuck, with Logos on my laptop and iPhone shepherding my heart with the Word and excellent biblical resources in the midst of trial is much easier. 

Furthermore, a few days ago, I was able to counsel one my visitors, and having Logos open right in front of me on my netbook on my hospital tray made reference of Bible verses simple, and I was easily able to search some of the books I had read on the topic we were discussing and instantly find to portions I was looking for. 

I thank God regularly for Logos; indeed, I'm thanking Him now for Logos

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 11
John Petley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 1:50 AM

I have only had Logos 4 for a couple of weeks and it has really inspired my bible reading (it was actually nearly nil prior to L4!). I came across it be accident and was blown away by what it said it could do and all the resources - so I had to have it and it worked straight "out of the box" (that was a relief given some of the forum issues I saw ...).

L4 (and a few other Godly events) has me inspired about Christ again - thankyou Logos!!!

Posts 943
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:35 AM

Rosie

Bless you!

I am not the same Paul Spicer, sorry to disappoint however I do share the same birthday with N T Wright!

KEEP ON PRAISING THE LORD SISTER!Smile

Paul

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:18 PM

Yes

I too am so thankful for logos. It saves me so much time and makes my sermon preparation able to be deeper because it pulls so many resources together very quickly. All of the staff do a great work for the Lord!

Aaron

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS