Suggestion: Corresponding Chinese word for <Lemma = lbs/el/ὀψέ>

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 8 2017 11:37 PM

Hi,

Just happen to be looking out for <Lemma = lbs/el/ὀψέ> in Chinese as I continued to test drive the Chinese RVI.

• 1st case: Looking at the sense of the word for both Logos sense and LN Sense, 將盡 literally means 將(about to / approaching to)盡 (the end of) ... why not tie the compound word "將盡" to  <Lemma = lbs/el/ὀψέ> to better reflect the sense.
  • 2nd case: I thought it is more logical to tie  <Lemma = lbs/el/ὀψέ> to 已晚 (getting late) vs 天色(color of the sky literally)

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 9:08 AM

Another one ... I thought <Lemma = lbs/el/ἐκκλησία> should be tied to "教會" (Church). You can see from the search results is wrongly showing 在.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 96
LogosEmployee
Lawrence Rafferty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 10:40 AM

Thanks for reporting these. If you find any more feel free to continue to add them to this thread.

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 11:27 AM

LimJK:

Another one ... I thought <Lemma = lbs/el/ἐκκλησία> should be tied to "教會" (Church). You can see from the search results is wrongly showing 在.

Hi, LimJK,

Thank you for reporting these.  We will work on them to make the adjustment if necessary.  

Best regards,

Philip

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2017 7:51 PM

Hi Logos,

Another set of CUV RVI alignment issues, this time related to the word love (爱), I search for the root of love <Root = lbs/el/αγαπαω> and sort by results to identify alignment issues:

JK

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2017 10:43 AM

LimJK:

Hi Logos,

Another set of CUV RVI alignment issues, this time related to the word love (爱), I search for the root of love <Root = lbs/el/αγαπαω> and sort by results to identify alignment issues:

Hi, LimJK,

Thank you for taking time to report the alignment.  We will make necessary adjustment to the Chinese and update them.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Philip

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 4:49 PM

Philip,

Another set based on "behold" <Lemma = lbs/el/ἰδού> where it is supposed to be simply not translated like NASB, however, you have instead aligned it with other word(s). I thought the words I annotated in red circle are incorrectly aligned.

JK

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 9:12 AM

LimJK:

Philip,

Another set based on "behold" <Lemma = lbs/el/ἰδού> where it is supposed to be simply not translated like NASB, however, you have instead aligned it with other word(s). I thought the words I annotated in red circle are incorrectly aligned.

Hi, LimJK,

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, this word "ἰδού" has the meaning of Suddenly and CUV correctly translated this word to "忽然“ or "不料“。  In NASB, this word sometimes is not translated in English and therefore the NASB Interlinear does not have corresponded word to align.  We use the data that are provided by the experts in the Hebrews and Greek and they are usually correctly aligned.  I hope this explains to you.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Philip

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 4:50 PM

Philip Peng:

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, this word "ἰδού" has the meaning of Suddenly and CUV correctly translated this word to "忽然“ or "不料“。  In NASB, this word sometimes is not translated in English and therefore the NASB Interlinear does not have corresponded word to align.  We use the data that are provided by the experts in the Hebrews and Greek and they are usually correctly aligned.  

Noted Smile

JK

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS