Help us improve the Logos mobile app

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 279
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 12 2017 5:13 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm Daniel, and I'm our Logos mobile product manager. It's my job to make sure we're building the right mobile app to help you do your best Bible study wherever you are. 

We're in the process of planning our work for 2017-- we've got some major initiatives and improvements we're working on, but we need your help!

Could you take a few minutes to fill out this 15 question survey? I promise that I will read every response-- and that we'll use this data to inform our product roadmap this year. 

Here's the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/37GYM3S

Post any question you might have in this thread. 

Cheers,

-Daniel 

Posts 3149
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 5:24 PM

Daniel Di Bartolo:
we've got some major initiatives and improvements we're working on

Glad to see this. I had written the mobile apps off based on some comments from FL in the last year.

Please don't miss all the suggestions in the forums and on UserVoice. Most of them would still apply.

On to the survey...

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 6:00 PM

This survey is a bit hard for me to answer in multiple choice.

1. It would be Android. But I have quit using the mobile app, bought an iPad and a library in Accordance so that I could have an app that works offline. My preferred platform would be Android.

3. I would use it multiple times per day if it worked everywhere I need it to work. But on a tablet, I cannot use it in church. Two large churches I go to on regular basis. One has private wifi. The other is oversaturated and impossible to get a connection most of the time.

7. Hint: It's at the top of User Voice! The rest of the app does look and work great.

8. I originally learned of Logos through the Android Market. Probably the worst way to discover and start using the product since there is no easy way to get a good mobile library up and running in an affordable, introductory way. There should be a paid version of the app that offers a decent starter library at a price that's on par for mobile apps. The Logos Bible app should have been YouVersion if Faithlife would get out of the elitist, high-end market a little bit. I have no problem with expensive libraries (see my lib for example), but there is a big mobile market out there that don't care for desktop libraries and features.

9. At Home. It's the only place I can get a connection.

10. I Never use without an internet connection because it is useless to me without an internet connection.

11. Finally, Use Offline

15. In addition to what I've mentioned, I would love to see Faithlife push the app in to the hands of congregations, the regular user, and provide more means of interaction between pastor/teacher and congregation/student.

Apologies if do sound like I'm ranting a bit. I've had much hopes for the Bible app and have been very frustrated. 

Posts 2768
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 6:05 PM

Randy W. Sims:
3. I would use it multiple times per day if it worked everywhere I need it to work. But on a tablet, I cannot use it in church. Two large churches I go to on regular basis. One has private wifi. The other is oversaturated and impossible to get a connection most of the time.

Have you considered a tablet with Cellular capabilities? I use my phone as a mobile hotspot to support my Microsoft Surface Pro in church because the church's public wifi is overcrowded.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 6:14 PM

David Thomas:

Randy W. Sims:

Have you considered a tablet with Cellular capabilities? I use my phone as a mobile hotspot to support my Microsoft Surface Pro in church because the church's public wifi is overcrowded.

Yes. That was my solution for a time. But the Bible app was the only use I had for mobile hotspot and it didn't justify the monthly fee (especially since my income has very recently been substantially reduced). I could use the app on my phone but even the larger phones are still uncomfortable to work with and see.

Posts 144
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 6:36 PM

And a mobile hotspot wouldn't work in our church building - its in a cellular black spot. Nor would it work on my morning train trip which spends most of its trip in black spots and tunnels. Australian mobile coverage... 

Posts 208
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 7:43 PM

Daniel, Di Bartolo, 

You and your team are doing an awesome job!

Posts 1
Pastor Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2017 7:44 PM

Offline option is not a priority for me. I already have a laptop that downloded all the books for offline purpose. 

please don't turn mobile app into a desktop app. That's redundant. Plus all my apps require a connection...not sure why Logos app has to be different.

Posts 58
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 3:56 AM

I'd really like to see the store implemented more.  Like, If I could browse the monthly sale or current sales and make a purchase directly in the app, that would be really neat.  

I'd also like to see more customization within the app. Meaning, I don't use the home page or the general search If I could swap those two out for something else that's more suited to my needs, then that'd be really cool.  

I really like the app. I use it every day on my phone/ipad. I'm glad my experience has been relatively bug free and that I can carry my library around wherever I go. 

Posts 30868
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 5:39 AM

Anthony Sims:
I'd really like to see the store implemented more.  Like, If I could browse the monthly sale or current sales and make a purchase directly in the app, that would be really neat.

FWIW - In most cases when an app has the ability to make purchases like this, Apple requires a 15% kickback. Would you be willing to pay 15% more? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 538
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 5:43 AM

My Number One priority is Offline Service.

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 5:52 AM

I love that you're posting that for all to see, and the way you guys act on all our queries/bug reports etc.

There are some significant weaknesses in the app (made all the more bizarre by the fact that they're all in fairly fundamental areas that I would take for granted in any other bible app), but even with these issues, it's my most used bible app by a long way.

Posts 1995
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 6:56 AM

I like the mobile app, it’s come a long way and is a great reading device (I use it on an iPad Air 2).

If there is one thing I would like to see above anything else it would be the ability to copy with citations.

I love the comfort of reading on the app, but when I come to a passage I would like to copy to my sermon research document, I have to go to the Desktop app and copy it from there.

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 8:11 AM

Levi Durfey:

I like the mobile app, it’s come a long way and is a great reading device (I use it on an iPad Air 2).

If there is one thing I would like to see above anything else it would be the ability to copy with citations.

I love the comfort of reading on the app, but when I come to a passage I would like to copy to my sermon research document, I have to go to the Desktop app and copy it from there.

That was one of the four suggestions I had.

1. Copying with citations.

2. The way searching/results work (I'd want to know the number of hits and have them sorted by resource (ideally a collapsible menu), in order within each resource), and if I'm doing offline searches of a specific resource, I'd want all the results to appear at the same time rather than in batches.

3. Simple offline lookups for gloss/parsing information.

4. Ability to view any image (or at least any image above a certain size threshold) in zoomable, full-screen mode.

Posts 681
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 9:18 AM

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Hello everyone!

I'm Daniel, and I'm our Logos mobile product manager. It's my job to make sure we're building the right mobile app to help you do your best Bible study wherever you are. 

We're in the process of planning our work for 2017-- we've got some major initiatives and improvements we're working on, but we need your help!

Could you take a few minutes to fill out this 15 question survey? I promise that I will read every response-- and that we'll use this data to inform our product roadmap this year. 

Cheers,

-Daniel 

The mobiles apps need to work off-line. Many users have been asking for this basic feature for years. All the competitors apps work off-line. How this deficiency has not beed addressed by Logos reflects their deaf ears towards customers needs. 

The search function is another embarrassment. An open resource should have the basic ability to search within it with just one selection. In the IOS app one has to select "search" which brings up a whole new page. Then it requires finding the open resource from a long list of books. Sometime the book is an abbreviation and is difficult to locate. 

Posts 681
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 9:35 AM

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Hello everyone!

Cheers,

-Daniel 

If you provide your email during the survey your name will be added to the surveymonkey spam list. I just received one from them this week. The survey requires all the questions answered by multiple choice answers when several questions don't provide the correct answer in my situation.

Posts 279
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 11:29 AM

Randy W. Sims:

Apologies if do sound like I'm ranting a bit. I've had much hopes for the Bible app and have been very frustrated. 

Thanks for the feedback, Randy! I've shared your feedback with our team. 

Posts 279
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 11:31 AM

Into Grace:
If you provide your email during the survey your name will be added to the surveymonkey spam list.

You are not required to provide your email to complete this survey. If you do provide your email, you're giving me (Faithlife) permission to contact you about your feedback. Survey Monkey does not collect your email address when you complete our survey. 

Posts 200
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2017 1:19 PM

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Hello everyone!

Cheers,

-Daniel 

Daniel,

Until I can get Greek/Hebrew definitions without the need for an internet/data connection I will continue to primarily use Olivetree as my mobile solution. I have had a number of conversations with Phil about this, you can ask him my thoughts on this to get more. This is a necessary feature for those who use the app for Greek/Hebrew reading and study.

Thanks for taking the time to address the mobile app, and I hope for change.

#MakeLogosMobileAppGreatAgain

Cliff

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS