EBC Release?

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 4:59 PM

Daniel Bender:
Thomas, I see you've got your avatar back.
Yeah, but it's the wrong one still.  I gave up.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 897
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:07 PM

Okay, I got my email and now have my EBC. Hurray! Also, be sure to run the Update script or click on the attached link in your emai to add EBC to your Libronix collection as well, in case you default to Logos 3 for some reason and want to use EBC.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:20 PM

downloaded & indexing Smile

now I can get back to my routine...

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:28 PM

LaRosa Johnson:

Same here--it takes time to bill all of those credit cards!

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 124
Randy Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:34 PM

downloaded & indexing

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:39 PM

Jackie Watts:

I went to "My Account" and "Pre-pub Orders" and clicked on "The Expositor's Bible Commentary". Had an option to click "download book files". That shows individual .lbxlls files. How would I install those?

That's for Logos 3. You shouldn't need to download them with L4. Just type "update now" in the L4 command bar and that should find them and download automatically. If it doesn't, then restart Logos and try it again. And if all else fails, try "update resources."

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:40 PM

Roger:

LaRosa Johnson:

Same here--it takes time to bill all of those credit cards!

I'm still waiting for mine, but I did get my G.K. Chesterton and Catholic Spirituality collections today, which is more than an adequate consolation. Smile

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:20 PM
I just got it!

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:30 PM

I want to congratulate Logos on a commentary release without metadata problems! Yes

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:15 AM

Any idea how big the file is? My autoupdate has been stuck on 2.4gigs for 3 weeks now.

CL

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:23 AM

CL Pearce:

Any idea how big the file is? My autoupdate has been stuck on 2.4gigs for 3 weeks now.

I just got mine today too. It's nowhere near that big. I can't remember exactly, but it was just a few tens of megs at the most. UPDATE: The sum of the sizes of all my EBC data files is 63.2 MB.

Something must be stuck in your update process. I suggest cancelling out of it and restarting Logos and trying again. Or if you've already tried that, then try typing "update resources" in the Logos command bar. That will run a full comparison of all the resources you have on your hard disk against your licenses and versions of the resources on the Logos server to make sure you've got everything you ought to have, and the latest versions of all of them.

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 1:57 AM

Thanks for the suggestion! I bet this is the reason why I don't have the biblical people update. I've now typed update resources and update now so hopefully this will work.

I'm now at 33% of 1.87gig after downloading to 50% of 2.8gig earlier.

CL

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 4:52 AM

CL Pearce:

Thanks for the suggestion! I bet this is the reason why I don't have the biblical people update. I've now typed update resources and update now so hopefully this will work.

I'm now at 33% of 1.87gig after downloading to 50% of 2.8gig earlier.

CL

If it ever gets stuck again, just try cancelling the download and restarting Logos (or even rebooting) and running the update again. Logos remembers how far it got in the download and won't start over again at the beginning. Also, sometimes there's a glitch with the download management software Logos uses (bitsadmin) but you can reset it by opening a Command prompt (Start > cmd.exe) and typing bitsadmin /reset.

Posts 2893
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:41 AM

got mine and it triggered reindex that took not long at all

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:55 AM

Got mine.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:06 PM

Got mine first thing this morning... 10 minutes to index on the desktop, 6 hours on the laptop... Tongue Tied

I think a new laptop maybe in order...

It is great to have this in L4, particularly Carson on Matthew... Looking forward to reading the Sailhamer...

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS