Which size iPad would you prefer for the mobile Logos/Verbum app?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35
augustine9989 | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 16 2017 12:24 PM

Hi I have a question for those of you using a mobile device for your logos reading and light study. I currently have an iPad mini 2, which has served me well. Unfortunately, I've managed to shatter the screen and need to purchase a new device. I've never used a 9.7 inch iPad before however, I currently have the opportunity to purchase an iPad air 2 at a pretty reasonable price. I'm leaning in that direction however, I would love to hear from someone with experience on a 9.7 inch device. I've often found the iPad mini to be a little difficult to manipulate text and so, to me, the extra real estate is a good thing. However, I'm  wondering if people find the larger model to be a bit unwieldy in terms of portability. Thanks very much for all your help!

Posts 30646
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2017 12:46 PM

Augustine:
I'm  wondering if people find the larger model to be a bit unwieldy in terms of portability

It depends upon your usage. I have a 9.7 iPad Pro and love it. I would not consider a mini... My wife, however, wouldn't be able to "throw it in her purse." I know of others who put a mini in a large pocket on the front of their jacket... I don't need that "portability," and my phone can double for that usage. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 786
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2017 1:35 PM

My larger device works quite well.  I purchased matching iPads for my wife and myself.  They came with a case which included a small bluetooth keyboard.  We don't really use the keyboards very much, but the added padding protects the iPad nicely and would prevent a lot of scenarios of screen breakage.

I do most of my Logos reading on my iPad and I take a lot of notes.  I consider the note taking on the iPad to be easier than on the desktop since I have much better control over the destination file for the notes and highlights.  It does occasionally get "touchy" about setting the highlight region.

I carry a large backpack for work with my work laptop.  For church I carry a smaller briefcase with a Microsoft Surface Book.  I throw the Ipad into either case as an extra.  It's still small enough to travel in extra pockets.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS