See New Resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Keith Godfrey | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 16 2010 3:32 AM

Is it possible to show in Logos 4 just the newest resources that have been added to the library?  Are they marked in some way?

Keith

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 3:40 AM

Unfortunately not, although it's often been requested. What some people do is tag everything in the library with something like "old resource". Then when they get an update, everything without the tag they know is new.

If you have a SQLite reader it is possible to find out what's been added or updated (though it's still not possible to know what the changes are). The last update I received (today) was Westcott's St Paul and Justification. Before that it was the 4.0b help file.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 3:56 AM

Another trick I use that others do, like using a tag, is accomplish the same things with ratings.  I have every resource rated at least 2 stars, and then I created a Collection of resources where the rating is 0 stars.  So when new resources come in, they automatically are part of that collection.  Once I am done reviewing/working with them initially, I re-rate them as at least 2 stars, so I am ready for the next group.

I don't think these techniques will work if a resource is updated however, as the ratings are preserved.  But that doesn't seem to happen too often, yet.

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:15 AM

Is there a way to rate several books--or the whole of your library--at once?  I like the idea of setting a 2star rating for all books, but don't have the time to do that if I have to rate each book I already have.

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:28 AM

Yes. Make sure you have the information panel displayed on the right in your library. If it's missing, click the (i) in a circle. Then select multiple references by clicking on the first one, and then holding SHIFT and click on the last one. You'll see the information panel changes to allow you to tag or star multiple resources.

If you've already starred several resources and only want to select those that are unstarred, type "rating:0" in the library search before you start.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS