NEW JERUSALEM BIBLE - THIS NEEDS A BIG PUSH!!!

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5238
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 17 2017 10:56 AM

Denise:
Catholic and jewish scholars uniformly good.

Like saying "Jews are good with money" or  "Asians are great at math" your positive stereotype above I fear fails to be universally true. That said Catholics in particular who want to receive official approval  (Nihil obstat [a certification by an official censor that a book is not objectionable on doctrinal or moral grounds.] and or Imprimatur [an official license by the Roman Catholic Church to print an ecclesiastical or religious book]) must not be outlandish although there are enough colourful bishops that that doesn't always hold true. And of course not every book a catholic scholar writes necessary receives such scrutiny or approval. A slight aside note back in Elizabethan times the Church of England had it's own Imprimatur.

-Dan

Posts 9954
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 17 2017 12:27 PM

Well, yes, Dan, I stereotype a lot. I like waterfalls, so I like all waterfalls. I like chocolate, so I like all chocolate. I universally like stuff.

I hope we're not so naive as to notice Logos tends to avoid the two groups I intentionally mentioned.

Posts 50
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 8:28 AM

Bump.

I have the print edition and LOVE the notes. Let's get this pushed through!

John

Posts 97
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 2:43 PM

BUMP!!

Paul

Posts 6152
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 3:22 PM

I don't know, but I've kind of given up on this one ☹️

Posts 5238
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 3:45 PM

DAL:

I understand...  I still maintain this is a serious omission in Logos library, but I grow tired of trying to get things published. They obviously think it important enough to offer but not important enough to put into Catholic packages or indeed all packages. Faithlife has also made this a hurdle hard to jump by not going after worldwide rights even though other software companies have global rights to distribution of NJB. I hope it gets made but its hard the PP system is less than ideal and like i said this one has hands tied behinds its back having none North Americans excluded even though globally they are the predominate users of this version.

-dan

Posts 6152
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 4:00 PM

Dan Francis:

DAL:

I understand...  I still maintain this is a serious omission in Logos library, but I grow tired of trying to get things published. They obviously think it important enough to offer but not important enough to put into Catholic packages or indeed all packages. Faithlife has also made this a hurdle hard to jump by not going after worldwide rights even though other software companies have global rights to distribution of NJB. I hope it gets made but its hard the PP system is less than ideal and like i said this one has hands tied behinds its back having none North Americans excluded even though globally they are the predominate users of this version.

-dan

Let me ask you: Is this available in Accordance? If it's there, I may get it through them.  I also need the LBLA Spanish Bible in Accordance to start using their "Paper" feature more often, since it's got the ability to insert images and enlarge them by clicking on them.  Very useful when presenting from the screen on a projector.  I wish Logos would offer that in the Sermon Editor feature.

DAL

Ps.  I'll reinstate my order and leave it alone for this Bible.  If it gets taken down, my order will be cancelled anyway.  So no worries if I leave it there.  I'll pitch in again. Thanks!

Posts 5238
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 5:12 PM

The Full notes are available in no software I mean the NJB in general Accordance and Wordsearch have no restrictions on their distribution.

-dan

Posts 233
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 6:15 PM

DAL:

Don't give up.  I was in for a while, and then gave up and withdrew my pledge.  But I just got in on this one again.  I am not Catholic, but I appreciate the NJB Bible text.  The notes will be good addition to have too.  

Posts 4829
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 6:58 PM

It they had global rights I would support the PP and a few more possibly would too.

Dan Francis:

DAL:

-dan

Posts 266
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 2 2017 1:43 PM

John R. Gentry:

Bump.

John

https://www.logos.com/product/53053/the-new-jerusalem-bible-the-complete-text-of-the-ancient-canon-of-the-scriptures 

Yes

Posts 5238
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 2 2017 3:02 PM

The amount of the bar seems far lower than when this thread started Confused

-dan

Posts 9954
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 2 2017 3:48 PM

The longer it sits, the higher production costs go. Then you have your filters ... Norte Americano and Catholic. Finally a competing product on the same page at 33% less.

If I didn't know any better, Logos has been parked, with this and that to keep it alive. Bibles with thin margins need big customer groups.

Posts 1571
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 2 2017 5:33 PM

I have the Print Edition of the NJB and I absolutely love it. !!!! It is wonde4rful. Can't say enough good things about the NJB and it's Study Notes as well.

Posts 4567
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 2 2017 10:36 PM

Roger Dittmar:

John R. Gentry:

Bump.

John

https://www.logos.com/product/53053/the-new-jerusalem-bible-the-complete-text-of-the-ancient-canon-of-the-scriptures 

Yes

As a discriminated against non-american I hope this doesn't take off until it is opened to the international market.

It may be a bit of a selfish attitude but I don't seem to have a problem getting the paperback $21.95 into my shopping cart on Amazon.com

Posts 953
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 4 2017 4:01 PM

Mike Binks:

As a discriminated against non-american I hope this doesn't take off until it is opened to the international market.

It may be a bit of a selfish attitude but I don't seem to have a problem getting the paperback $21.95 into my shopping cart on Amazon.com

If I remember correctly, they usually restrict a non-USA buyer to only one copy!!

Posts 4567
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 12:07 AM

Wink

JohnB:
If I remember correctly, they usually restrict a non-USA buyer to only one copy!!

That would be fine - I only need one copy  Wink

Posts 1379
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:04 AM

Mike Binks:
That would be fine - I only need one copy  Wink

Same here Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 4829
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:25 AM

Totally agree Mike, it is ridiculous that a bible can only be sold to a subset of customers. As one of the ones excluded from purchasing this title I understand where you are coming from in feeling discriminated against. 

Mike Binks:

Roger Dittmar:

John R. Gentry:

Bump.

John

Yes

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS