Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 138
Jeff Stephens | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:18 AM

I am waiting for an email reply, but thought I would post this here maybe someone has an answer.

I bought L4 last fall and then had to buy another laptop. I transferred the contents of my old laptop to my new one, L3. I have the libronix files but don't have the desktop button and can't figure out how to run L3 on my new laptop so that I can use the update notes program. My system specs: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 @2.20 GHz, 2.20 GHz 4GB DDR2Ram, 500GB HDD   I thought that by transferring the files per the manufacturer's instructions I would be able to immediately use them. when I open a file it says it needs to find a program to open it and gives me a choice of using the web or specifying one manually. Any help here?
Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:21 AM
I don't have Win 7. Is there a way to search for a file or is there a "run" box into which you can type a command? "LDLS.exe" is the file name to start the program.
Posts 138
Jeff Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:51 AM

I remembered MPseminars help page and went there. I did a reinstall on my computer and that satisfied things. The only problem now with L3 is the content of the notes I had are not showing up for me. But I am using L4 anyway. I just wanted to update notes, etc. to L4 and apart from L4 crashing when it does import things seem to be working fine.

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:00 AM

As well as transferring contents you will need to reinstall Libronix ... but not totally clear how to ensure you keep your old ntoes when doing this. I assume you have a backup ofg all Libronix (L3) files form your old computer?

In which case I would try this:

• install Libronix from original CDs and then update it online using the Update menu option
  • now copy the contents of the old laptop on top of the new installation (the root folder will probably be different)
  • do an update again
  • then follow the isntructions to update the notes

If you still have the old PC you could try installing L4 on that just to do the update notes thing. i.e. install L4, update the notes in L3, then import all in L4. Once that has done, and you have synchronised, the L4 on the new laptop will download the notes you imported on the old laptop!

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:11 PM
Notes would have been stored in the folder "My Documents\Libronix DLS\Annotations" on your old machine, Copy them from there.
Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:13 AM

Don:
Notes would have been stored in the folder "My Documents\Libronix DLS\Annotations" on your old machine, Copy them from there.

Also copy other contents of  \My Documents\Libronix DLS\  as it contains all the documents you created in L3.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS