No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 42 of 43 (843 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next >
This post has 842 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 8:46 PM

Why is Ex Auditu no longer available?

Any chance of getting it online electronically otherwise?

Posts 9799
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:57 AM

Theo:
I posted a few but no one is voting.

I had not seen these yet but now I have voted. I think it was good to post here to encourage others to vote as well.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 138
Dave Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2021 4:27 AM

Do we have any idea when the 6.1 collections will release?

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2021 8:34 PM

Woohoo! Finally!

Why is this not in any of the Bundles?

https://www.logos.com/product/205115/journal-for-the-study-of-paul-and-his-letters

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2021 8:27 PM

Theo:

Woohoo! Finally!

Why is this not in any of the Bundles?

https://www.logos.com/product/205115/journal-for-the-study-of-paul-and-his-letters

Is the price too steep? I thought more would jump on this or has everyone already gotten access to it otherwise?

Posts 9799
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 12:12 PM

Theo:
Is the price too steep? I thought more would jump on this or has everyone already gotten access to it otherwise?

My answer to this is "yes". Perhaps if it was bundled with other journals that would lower the cost.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 10:07 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Theo:

My answer to this is "yes". Perhaps if it was bundled with other journals that would lower the cost.

I think what I have understood is they will introduce new journals in this manner to get them published to cover the upfront cots involved. Then after so many years they will eventually get bundled in the packages which come at quite the discount. This balances out peopel being able to afford the bundles while FL being able to add new content. First, they will see the interest and get the required work done on them via the individual sellings and eventually after time has passed roll them into the bundles as their upfront costs in producing them are quite high. I may not have worded this correctly. Someone else might be better equipped to shed light on this. This is the gist I got. 

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 10:07 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Theo:

I think what I have understood is they will introduce new journals in this manner to get them published to cover the upfront cots involved. Then after so many years they will eventually get bundled in the packages which come at quite the discount. This balances out peopel being able to afford the bundles while FL being able to add new content. First, they will see the interest and get the required work done on them via the individual sellings and eventually after time has passed roll them into the bundles as their upfront costs in producing them are quite high. I may not have worded this correctly. Someone else might be better equipped to shed light on this. This is the gist I got. 

Posts 2264
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2021 5:48 AM

Theo:
I think what I have understood is they will introduce new journals in this manner to get them published to cover the upfront cots involved. Then after so many years they will eventually get bundled in the packages which come at quite the discount

How did you get this gist?

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2021 6:04 AM

Mark:

Theo:
I think what I have understood is they will introduce new journals in this manner to get them published to cover the upfront cots involved. Then after so many years they will eventually get bundled in the packages which come at quite the discount

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2021 6:05 AM

Mark:

Theo:

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2021 6:06 AM

Mark:

Theo:

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2021 6:08 AM

Mark:

Theo:

• Theo

Why is this not a part of any bundle? Master's 6.1?

• Feb 13, 11:19 am Phil Gons (Faithlife)

Some journals can't be bundled.

• Others need to be funded individually before we include them in bundles.

• We don't collect enough revenue on new journals in the big bundles to make releasing them that way sustainable.

• Our latest decision is that new journals will generally be released standalone and then after a period of a year or two added to the appropriate bundles.

Posts 2264
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2021 3:26 PM

Theo:
Our latest decision

Interesting

Posts 307
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2021 10:09 PM

Yet another FREE online journal waiting to be incorporated:

https://en.exegetiskasallskapet.se/sea

Posts 268
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2022 10:39 PM

I take it this thread is dead and the bundles shrink each quarter. Has FL decided these mechanisms just are no longer feasible and hope to move on to something else? I guess one can hope that Galaxie expands its subscription base to add the journals and, via the annual update, one can get access?

Posts 35782
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2022 10:51 PM

Journals may be free but FL still incurs costs in tagging them and making them available. To formally request that a journal be carried by Faithlife, you need to add it to feedback.faithlife.com and encourage enough people to vote for it to show that it would not e a loss leader.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 268
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2022 1:02 AM

MJ. Smith:

Journals may be free but FL still incurs costs in tagging them and making them available. To formally request that a journal be carried by Faithlife, you need to add it to feedback.faithlife.com and encourage enough people to vote for it to show that it would not e a loss leader.

Understood. If you look I have posted them in Feedbear and above in this thread as well to that extent. My point was, based on the history of this thread, I thought FL had handled it well by offering quarterly updates finally. However, the past few quarterlies have dwindled in size (when compared to past offerings) which leads me at least to think that they are scaling back the number of volumes they are choosing to go forward with and have decided to release journals in individual packages; thus, the Master Journal Bundle, now offered each quarter does not at this point include newer titles like the Journal for the Study of the Letters of Paul while at the same time being significantly smaller than what was offered in past quarterlies. In addition, older offerings I had requested in this thread apparently also have not garnered enough interest either. This leads me to believe the posts herein that said that FL is still experimenting with journals and has no concrete plans seem to have hit the mark. Therefore, as others in this thread have suggested based on the history of FL and journals it is best for one serious about them to find other means of accessing them. For those of us who do not have those ways, we can either hope FL again chooses to focus on journals which apparently is not feasible at the present time, or we hope Galaxie improves their services and offerings and that the subscription for Galaxie in Logos would as a result of Galaxie improving its own catalogs assist us in getting better journal access. Have I gotten it correct?

Page 42 of 43 (843 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > | RSS