No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 11 of 23 (442 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
This post has 440 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 923
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 9:12 AM

Thank you Phil for the updates.  It is my sincere hope that this level of communication continues and does not die off in a month or two.  

For me, what I would like is the most recent journals (not just matched with Galaxie) made available.  It is the last quarter of 2017, is it too much to think that we could have the first half of the year already in Logos.  Maybe prepay for the year (Ex: I'd pay $50 now to know that all the editions of X journals will be put in my library when they are made available throughout the year).  Themelios is able to offer their journal at nearly the same time as its public release.  

And for simplicity, I would like to go back to single journal years at a lower price.  I need the current scholarship now.  I do not need (but still want) two and three year old journals.

Posts 1881
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 10:17 AM

Everett Headley:
I would like is the most recent journals (not just matched with Galaxie) made available.

Agree. And, I think some form of inducement (price break, store credit, free resource) is in order as a reward for sticking with FL through its Sturm und Drang for those who choose to return to Logos through some set time period.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 221
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 5:28 PM

Everett Headley:
For me, what I would like is the most recent journals (not just matched with Galaxie) made available.  It is the last quarter of 2017, is it too much to think that we could have the first half of the year already in Logos.  Maybe prepay for the year (Ex: I'd pay $50 now to know that all the editions of X journals will be put in my library when they are made available throughout the year).  Themelios is able to offer their journal at nearly the same time as its public release.  

Hi Everett,

We had a meeting this week about journals and this idea came up. It fits well with the traditional subscription model with journals in general. So we're looking at the feasibility of doing for this journals moving forward: you pay for the resource once and then it gets updated with new issues as they are released until the volume is complete for the year.

We actually really love Themelios, too, because they are super active in making sure files get to us for production. We're eagerly hoping that as we continue to clean up our processes and organization for journals going forward that we will have more and more journals that are that simple and easy.

Posts 1692
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 6:53 AM

This does seem like a good idea

Posts 923
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 10:07 AM

Thanks for hearing me.  I figured once the transition from Galaxie was done, there would be a model like this.  Instead we had the big libraries that for me is is unsustainable to purchase.  

Posts 834
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 2:57 PM

How about adding Modern Reformation?

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/83944.aspx 

Posts 2346
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 9:16 AM

I'd like to see the Journal of Creation added into Logos... some love for us YECs

Posts 3874
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 9:54 AM

So I have been thinking about Sebts journal, and SEBTS objections to faithlife. In principle my understanding is he like FL, and logos. But in practice he supports the baptist bible software offering because money from its sales support the seminary by providing scholarship money to students (sbc members get a 40% scholarship through the convention, which is partly funded by lifeway, which owns the competition).

IF FL were to offer a % of sebts journal sales to the convention fund that pays student scholarships, or to the school directly for student tuition, or something along those lines. Something where the sale of the journal directly helped students, or else lifeway. he might be more open to allowing the journal into logos.

Or if it were made available free to members of the sbc, or students of sebts. Sort of how themelios is free with the code...

Akin is a good man, and deeply loves the school, his students, and the denomination, and would bleed I think, for any of them. Has given till he bled for several of them (as part of the conservative resurgence). Supporting the institution, the students, and denomination that he loves might be a good foothold in negotiations.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio.

Posts 221
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 21 2017 4:13 PM

Hey everyone, I have another follow up for you:

We have a plan in place for the Master Journal Bundle, Theological Journal Library, and Academic Journal Library for (1) getting them all up to date and and then on a regular schedule for 2018 and following.

We ended up deciding that getting all three up would be more practical for us, since the TJL & AJL are both subsets of the larger MJB.

Once we're up to date again on the journals that we already have, we will then be able to continue working on adding journals that we want.

Posts 9234
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 21 2017 4:18 PM

Mike Aubrey:

We have a plan in place for the ...  Academic Journal Library for (1) getting them all up to date and and then on a regular schedule for 2018 and following.

Yahoooooo!   And appreciate you working the weekend.

Posts 8108
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 22 2017 4:52 PM

Mike Aubrey:
We have a plan in place for the Master Journal Bundle, Theological Journal Library, and Academic Journal Library for (1) getting them all up to date and and then on a regular schedule for 2018 and following.

Great news. Thanks for letting us know Mike.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 293
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 22 2017 5:25 PM

Mike Aubrey:

Wonderful! Eager to order this update! Thank you (all) for getting this back as a priority.

Posts 923
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 22 2017 5:43 PM

Mike Aubrey:

Hey everyone, I have another follow up for you:

We ended up deciding that getting all three up would be more practical for us, since the TJL & AJL are both subsets of the larger MJB.

Once we're up to date again on the journals that we already have, we will then be able to continue working on adding journals that we want.

What will the next purchase Oppurtunity be?  A simple upgrade of those three packages?  Will there be a simple 2018 upgrade?

Posts 206
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 22 2017 11:07 PM

Yes

Posts 221
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 2 2017 1:09 PM

Everett Headley:
What will the next purchase Oppurtunity be?

We're aiming at having new journal collections up before ETS this month. We confident that we can make that. Right now we're waiting on some information regarding production costs that we need before we can make post the collections.

Everett Headley:
A simple upgrade of those three packages?

We have a couple goals. We need to catch up where we're behind for various journals. So that's going to be the primary aim for this round of updates. The collections will be dynamically priced based on what you already own.

Everett Headley:
Will there be a simple 2018 upgrade?

The plan for 2018 is to operate on a serialize schedule. We'll have quarterly releases that will parallel the publication schedules for the titles themselves. We're still working hard on the details for that. I should be able to give a more detailed answer for 2018 and forward soon.

Posts 1804
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 2:27 AM

Mike Aubrey:

Everett Headley:
What will the next purchase Oppurtunity be?

We're aiming at having new journal collections up before ETS this month.

Thank you for the updates and the hard work put in to this.

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 2346
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 5:50 AM

Thank you Mike!  I have two quick questions

1) What is ETS?  I apologize for my ignorance on this

2) I own only a few journals but I would like to start diving into more.  Will there be smaller packages I can purchase so I can move into the market for these slowly?  At last look, the cheapest journal bundle for me is around $450

Posts 10197
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 6:05 AM

Mattillo:

Evangelical Theological Society, publisher of JETS. Mike was speaking of their annual (?) meeting, but I don't know the date.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 1844
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 2:57 PM

Mattillo:

Thank you Mike!  I have two quick questions

2) I own only a few journals but I would like to start diving into more.  Will there be smaller packages I can purchase so I can move into the market for these slowly?  At last look, the cheapest journal bundle for me is around $450

I'm hoping Logos will break them up into collections of one journal title (I hope that makes sense, for example, you could just buy all of JETS). For me, I'll need the Master Bundle.

The bundle you'll probably want is the TJL Upgrade bundle similar to what Galaxie offered.

You may even benefit from going to Galaxie's website and looking over the list of journals (the first couple pages of journals you can look at for free without a subscription) and see which ones benefit you. JETS is a big one I personally benefit from, and BBR, Tyndale Bulletin, and Bib Sac are very useful as well. Themelios (which you can get individual volumes for free in Logos) is also helpful. I also get JBL in print which is interesting (would like to see newer volumes in Logos) but not one I get as much use out of as JETS and Bib Sac.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com 

Posts 4454
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 4:55 PM

I believe I've already pointed this out once in this thread, but the journals that are part of the MJB are RARELY the journals that I am constantly encountering in my readings inside and outside Logos. I hope that game-changing effort is being put into acquiring the most often cited journals that we encounter. It seems that nearly EVERY DAY I am frustrated by no access to relevant material.

Page 11 of 23 (442 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS