How to prioritize multiple book series?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 56
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:47 PM

I just updated to the Gold version and I now have the Tyndale commentary series.  Other than creating a Collection, how can I prioritize the commentary since there are a bunch of books?  I want it to be first in the list of commentaries.  Also, is the Tyndale the best commentary in the Logos 7 Gold series?

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:53 PM

Hey Larry! Thanks for posting. There are several ways to prioritize a number of resources in your Library. The main one you'll want to use is the Prioritize list in your Library.

A fantastic video from MP Seminars we host can walk you through how to do so: https://www.logos.com/advanced-training/logos5/windows/prioritize

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:04 PM

You don't need to create a collection.

Just drag any volume from the series into the Prioritize list (or right-click any volume and select "Prefer this resource"), and the library will automatically prioritize the whole series/set for you.

Posts 10118
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:06 PM

Wiki discussion: https://wiki.logos.com/prioritizing 

Specifically:

Posts 56
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:31 PM

Wow, thank you for all the replies!  I am going forward with all of these suggestions, more than I expected.

Update:  Just tried the Prioritize Series option (which I should have found since I am a right clicking maniac) and that is SO easy.  Thanks!

Also, the QuickStart video series on Prioritize, I watched that a few days ago and his right click options do not have the "Prioritize this series" option.  Must be new to Logos 7?

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2017 4:14 PM

Without seeing the video, you need to select a single resource that is part of a Series to get the "Prioritize this series" option.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2017 8:23 AM

Then, when you get the hang of it you can rt-click the series on your priority list and limit it to certain Bible verse ranges.  For example you can have one set of priorities for the Gospels and another set for the Epistles.  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS