BB Warfield Vol. 1 question

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1557
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 18 2017 10:09 PM

Can anyone tell me if this volume includes the May 3 1894 essay from Presbyterian Journal entitled "The Divine and Human in the Bible"? It comes from SSWW 2:542-48, if that helps. 

https://www.logos.com/product/7039/the-works-of-benjamin-b-warfield-vol-1-revelation-and-inspiration 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 237
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 18 2017 11:18 PM

Ben:

Can anyone tell me if this volume includes the May 3 1894 essay from Presbyterian Journal entitled "The Divine and Human in the Bible"? It comes from SSWW 2:542-48, if that helps. 

https://www.logos.com/product/7039/the-works-of-benjamin-b-warfield-vol-1-revelation-and-inspiration 

No.  It has the 1882 essay from the Presbyterian Board of Publication entitled "The Divine Origin of the Bible."  (Appendix I)

Contents

I. The Biblical Idea of Revelation

II. The Idea of Revelation and Theories of Revelation

III. The Inspiration of the Bible

IV. The Biblical Idea of Inspiration

V. “Scripture,” “The Scriptures,” In the New Testament

VI. The Real Problem of Inspiration

VII. “God-Inspired Scripture”

VIII. “It Says:” “Scripture Says:” “God Says”

IX. “The Oracles of God”

X. Inspiration and Criticism

APPENDIX

I. The Divine Origin of the Bible

II. The Canon of the New Testament

Posts 249
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 12:22 AM

Hi Ben, 

You're probably aware but that essay is available freely online. 

Colin

Posts 8140
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 5:00 AM
I don't always agree with their theology, but I admire the old folks from the past because they were very knowledgeable and did some serious study when it came to the Bible. 👍 DAL
Posts 1557
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 10:24 AM

Found it, thanks!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS