Setting default Bible for Lectionary only.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 19 2017 1:43 PM

For most of my studies I prefer to use the ESV or LEB, but I also like to follow the Catholic Daily Readings (Lectionary) and use the NABRE.    I tried prioritizing the NABRE at the top and have it apply only to Catholic Daily Readings but I still get the 2nd item on the list which is currently ESV.  What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Eric

Posts 26285
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 2:45 PM

Set the default in the Lectionary panel

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 4:02 PM

Eric Ross:
I tried prioritizing the NABRE at the top and have it apply only to Catholic Daily Readings but I still get the 2nd item on the list which is currently ESV.  What am I missing here?

Library advanced prioritization of NABRE for Catholic Daily Readings needs to be higher than ESV so pop-ups for verse references in Catholic Daily Readings show NABRE.

Caveat: advanced Library prioritization causes Bible chosen for lectionary to be ignored.

MJ. Smith:
Set the default in the Lectionary panel

Default appears for highest prioritized Bible.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 6:32 PM

Note that I have the appropriate resource chosen in the Catholic Daily Readings window, but on the home page sidebar it still chooses the first priority resource (ESV)

Posts 4917
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 6:36 PM

I have found the same unexpected and unwanted behaviour from the software when accessing from the home page Eric.

Eric Ross:

Note that I have the appropriate resource chosen in the Catholic Daily Readings window, but on the home page sidebar it still chooses the first priority resource (ESV)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 9:16 PM

Eric Ross:

Likewise replicated advanced prioritization being ignored on Home Page so highest prioritzed Bible appeared when NABRE text was expected.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2017 6:58 AM

SineNomine:

Time to file a BUG report.

Bug thread => Bug: Verbum 7 Home Page ignored Advanced Prioritization has reference to this thread.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2017 10:13 AM

Eric,

Currently, resources like lectionaries that allow users to select a specific translation do not use advanced prioritization. I'll certainly pass on this request for the team to consider.

Blessings,

Philana

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS