Insufficient Free Disk Space?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Richard Forinash | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 17 2010 5:46 PM

Here's the issue & what I have now  is the basic MacBook Pro 13"  & Im using Parallels  

2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor

4GB memory

250GB 5400-rpm hard drive

Help me please- whats my next step ?
LOGOS Bible Software 4 has stopped indexing your library because there is insufficient free disk space. Please check that you have at least 1 GB of free disk space available, then restart LOGOS 4 to continue.   I have no idea of where the free disk space is nor when finding it how to do the transfer

Richard Forinash

24724 Valley Street  #208

Newhall, CA. 91321

Cell (323) 351-5564

E-mail richardforinash@earthlink.net

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 6:19 PM

1) To check your free disk space, click the Finder icon (red box)

2) At the bottom of the window that pops up, in the status bar, is how much free space is left on your hard drive (red underline)

3) As for freeing up space

a.) Empty your trash can (accessible by hitting the trash can at the bottom right of your dock (see picture)

b.) Move any music and movies on your HDD (usually stored under Music and Movies folders) to an External Drive and then delete them from your Internal Hard Drive

Hope this helps

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 12:30 AM

MichaelKares:
a.) Empty your trash can (accessible by hitting the trash can at the bottom right of your dock (see picture)

If your hard drive is full it's also worth opening iPhoto and emptying the trash within that application too. Your deleted photos and movies here can take up a huge amount of space you didn't know you were using.

If this still doesn't help, try using an application like http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net/ or http://www.daisydiskapp.com/ both of these will highlight where your biggest files and folders are. This helps you decide what you should archive or delete.

I hope this helps. 

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:49 AM

It is my understanding that you are attempting to run Logos 4 on Parallels, if this is the case then you will need to configure your virtual machine that is running the operating system ( that you are running Logos on), and give that some more disk space. You will find a button to "Resize' the hard disk under the "hardware" options in Parallels. 

This fixed the issues i had when running Logos under Parallels and was getting the "insufficient disk space" error.

I hope I'm interpreting your problem correctly, if not follow the advice from the previous posters Wink

Tony

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 10:56 AM

Grandperspective is definitely the program to check out! I had a program I deleted (or so I thought) taking up 60GB of space. It was an email program that had a redundancy issue! Much happier now that I saw it with Grandperspective. Easy to use.

all about Christ,
David 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 7
Jeffrey L. Wipplinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 9:34 PM

Ok, I am having this same issue but things don't make since to me.  I am running Logos 4 in Windows 7 via Fusion 3.0 on my Macbook Pro.

I checked the disk space in my virtual machine and it says I have used 221 GB & have 76.2 GB still available.  Yet whenever I open Logos 4 in Windows I still get the following error message:

"Logos Bible Software has stopped downloading resources because there is insufficient disk space.  Please check that you have at least 1 GB of free space available, then restart Logos 4 to continue."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

Posts 2748
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:07 AM

I'm not sure what's taking up your space in your virtual setup. I use CCleaner to clean up my Win machine hard drive. It's very small and efficient. You might want to delete old hotfix uninstallers if a regular cleaning doesn't remove enough.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 11:29 PM

Jeffrey L. Wipplinger:

Ok, I am having this same issue but things don't make since to me.  I am running Logos 4 in Windows 7 via Fusion 3.0 on my Macbook Pro.

I checked the disk space in my virtual machine and it says I have used 221 GB & have 76.2 GB still available.  Yet whenever I open Logos 4 in Windows I still get the following error message:

"Logos Bible Software has stopped downloading resources because there is insufficient disk space.  Please check that you have at least 1 GB of free space available, then restart Logos 4 to continue."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

Welcome Big Smile

Wonder about permissions in Windows ?

Wiki has Installation and Indexing FAQ's that includes tip about not installing Logos 4 as administrator (needs user account).

Wiki also has Diagnostic Logging - posting logs (in a compressed file) can help diagnosis.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 38
Richard Forinash | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 7:25 PM

I was just responding to this period 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 9:19 PM

Richard Forinash:

I was just responding to this period 

OK, so post in forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/31473.aspx

Richard Forinash:

Here is your resolve for the same  exact problem I had last year.  Call  LOGOS if your having any further issues. Look for Short On Disk Space or this  1. Start Parallels Image Tool. 2. In the Introduction window, click Continue. 3. Specify the source virtual disk image file with the .hdd extension in the  Source Virtual Disk window. You may type the path and file name or use the Choose button to locate the file I pray this helps you

was meant as a reply for this thread.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS