Posts 335
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 10:46 AM

Danny Parker:

Did you try deleting cache?

Yep!

Posts 3705
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 11:18 AM

Now that the first 24-hour face-off is here, the site is behaving differently.  Issues are:

• All previous brackets had a checkmark indicating that you voted, but now have vote buttons.
  • When clicking on a vote button, the interstitial page (where you previously would log in) appears for a split second. The message appears to be "Success..." but it disappears too fast to read the whole thing. The vote buttons change to Xs, then change back to Vote a second or so later. This is confusing. (Did I vote already? Was my vote counted? Is the site broken? Why does it keep popping up a window to vote?)
  • It's not obvious that the face-off that pops up is a 24-hour one. I didn't realize why it was appearing, until after I read an email mentioning it. Perhaps the site could clarify it, or simply display the face-off as a separate entry on the page, instead of automatically popping up the voting screen?
  • It now take a long time (20-30 seconds) for the brackets and face-off to appear. Previously the brackets appeared within a few seconds of visiting the page.
  • It continues to display the face-off popup every time you visit the site, even though I already voted for the day.

I am appreciative of the additional opportunities! Thanks for adding more daily author competitions!

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 12:19 PM

PetahChristian:

Now that the first 24-hour face-off is here, the site is behaving differently.  Issues are:

• When clicking on a vote button, the interstitial page (where you previously would log in) appears for a split second. The message appears to be "Success..." but it disappears too fast to read the whole thing. The vote buttons change to Xs, then change back to Vote a second or so later. This is confusing. (Did I vote already? Was my vote counted? Is the site broken? Why does it keep popping up a window to vote?)

It is behaving similarly for me.

I voted in round 1 this morning without any difficulty. Having returned to vote on the 24-hour face-off, I click on the vote button, the sign-in box pops up for a fraction of a second, then it disappears and I get red crosses on the voting buttons. Further attempts produce the same.

My guesses are (1) there is a temporary problem with the sign-in process, or (2) it is detecting that I have already voted this morning, although I haven't voted on the face-off.

I don't want to miss out on Richard Bauckham.

Posts 979
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 1:31 PM

I must be doing something wrong - everything worked fine for me Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

It will be interesting to see what products are included this year - last year Logos made a big song and dance about Mobile Ed courses being included but this year - unless I have missed it - Mobile Ed has not been mentioned. From which I would conclude that they aren't going to be included this year unfortunately

Posts 269
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 4:15 PM

Thank you all for your enthusiastic participation! 

We've made some tweaks to better support the traffic volume. Matchups won't show you if you've already voted until you try to vote again, at which point, it'll display red x's. The site should be loading faster now as we've optimized the site today. Thanks for your patience as we made those changes - all of your votes were captured throughout the changes.

Thanks for playing!

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 5:52 PM

Face-off Yes

Posts 1081
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 12:40 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:
We've made some tweaks to better support the traffic volume. Matchups won't show you if you've already voted until you try to vote again, at which point, it'll display red x's. The site should be loading faster now as we've optimized the site today. Thanks for your patience as we made those changes - all of your votes were captured throughout the changes.

I seem to get these as I vote ... click on a button and a pair of red crosses appear ... this indicates that something went wrong with my vote!!!

If I have voted once then I should not be able to vote again ... but what I am seeing is an indicator after my first vote suggesting that the vote did not register ... this does not seem to be good design.

BTW. The response time between arriving at the page and seeing a meaningful page is so slow that others have suggested that the site has hung ... and they refresh ... and wait again!

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1469
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 4:40 AM

As far as I can see, when I vote, the web site behavior is exactly the same whether I'm voting between two authors I know I haven't voted between or whether voting between two I know I have already voted between.  And sadly, it appears my vote is never being recorded.  I.e., in both cases, when the authors first come up the "VOTE" buttons are there.  I can click on either of the VOTE buttons which results in a sign-in window then appears then immediately  disappears.  The "VOTE" buttons then change to "Xs", and the count of votes that were showing before I voted are the same counts that show after I voted.  Nor does the count change if I leave that particular face-off and then return to it.

So at the moment, there's no way for me to know from the web site if I already voted in any particular face-off -- the site shows exactly the same thing and behaves exactly the same whether I've already voted in a face-off or not.  And as far as I can tell, my votes are never being counted.  This really needs to be fixed. 

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 7:03 AM

Says I already voted but I didn't.

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 9:02 AM

The way things are looking in the competition, I may just end up buying the Carson's Treasury collection. It's well worth it; especially with the low dynamic pricing 👍

DAL

Posts 3574
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 11:12 AM

My voting worked fine, but it looks like almost everyone whose victory I care about is going to lose.

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 12:41 PM

I know I am going to be disappointed with some of the outcomes, but that will save me some money. 

SineNomine:

My voting worked fine, but it looks like almost everyone whose victory I care about is going to lose.

Posts 1469
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 4:05 PM

Still not working for me.  Any thoughts/help Faithlife?

Posts 3705
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 4:31 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

If you're seeing the vote buttons change to an X, then back to vote, that indicates that it did get a previous vote from you for that pair.

If you're seeing different behavior, please provide specifics.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 1469
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 7:29 PM

PetahChristian:

Rick Ausdahl:

If you're seeing the vote buttons change to an X, then back to vote, that indicates that it did get a previous vote from you for that pair.

If you're seeing different behavior, please provide specifics.

As noted in my first post this morning, I see exactly the same behavior (also spelled out in that post) for pairs I know I had already voted on as well as for those pairs I know I had not already voted on. 

Posts 3705
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 9:01 AM

SineNomine:

I feel for you. I've also been convicted. Not being a Catholic, I was prejudiced against Catholic authors' beliefs, and did not take the time to learn what they had to offer. Please forgive me for my ignorance and presumption.

Posts 3898
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:46 PM

I'm with you... I was hoping to pick up some more MacArthur resources this time around but it looks like he'll lose again this year

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:56 PM

Generally speaking I am not prejudice against denomination. Most have something to teach us. I heard it said only this week by Michael Bird, "if I want to know about covenant I turn to my Presbyterian friends, if I want to know about the Lord's Supper I turn to my Catholic friends and if I want to know about the Priesthood of Believers I turn to my Baptist friends".

When it comes to MM I discriminate against authors for whom I already own all, or the vast majority in comparison to the person that are bracketed against, of their resources in Logos, no point voting for them. 

PetahChristian:

SineNomine:

I feel for you. I've also been convicted. Not being a Catholic, I was prejudiced against Catholic authors' beliefs, and did not take the time to learn what they had to offer. Please forgive me for my ignorance and presumption.

Posts 1082
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:58 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

When it comes to MM I discriminate against authors for whom I already own all, or the vast majority in comparison to the person that are bracketed against, of their resources in Logos, no point voting for them. 

I vote based on my wish list.

Page 4 of 6 (119 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS