Adding Libronix packages to L4

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:41 AM

I was in my local Christian bookstore yesterday and noticed that they had several Libronix packages on sale.  I never used L3 so I am wondering how difficult it would be to add those types of packages to my L4 library.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 229
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:48 AM

If they are just the base packages then you may already have most if not all of the titles already. If you're wanting to use version 3 (many people still are using because Logos 4 doesn't do everything that 3 does (yet) ) you can download it for free and load the books you've got with 4 into it.

But assuming there are extra titles that you'll get in the packages it is just a matter of installing the software, syncing your licenses with the Logos server and then they (with some caveats) will also download and become available in Logos 4 as well.

Scripture set to music for worship and aid memorization. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DojPa0TlpCGhtUJq1e3Pw

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:53 AM

Ron Cook:

I was in my local Christian bookstore yesterday and noticed that they had several Libronix packages on sale.  I never used L3 so I am wondering how difficult it would be to add those types of packages to my L4 library.  

Ron,

You can download the L3 program here: http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls

Then you install the resources, if you decide to buy them, from the CDs you buy. Then go to "Tools" Library something or other (I don't have L3 on my computer any more) and synchronize licenses - that puts a copy of your L3 licenses on the Logos servers. Once you've done that, those resources will be downloaded from the  server in L4 format and available in L4 - re-indexing and all that will also take place.

Once you buy a license for a resources and get it on the Logos servers you have that license for any Logos system - except where the publisher hasn't given rights for iPhone/iPod (yet).

Hope that is clear. Ask if not.

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS