Turn off highlighting in search results

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 39
David James | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 12 2017 9:17 AM

For my teaching, I do a lot of pasting from Logos into PowerPoint to display the text - from a floating window with just the Bible version I use.

Also, I highlight certain verses before doing the copy and paste - using a yellow highlighter and red underline.

Sometimes I find the passages doing a word search - and Logos highlights those words in the Bible text pane - but I don't want the search result words highlighting to be added to the highlighting I want to use.

The only way I have found around this is to close the search pane - and then copy the floating Bible text window.

However, this is a pain to do if there are multiple passages I want to use because I have to do another search, go to the passage, then close the search tab again - and so on.

Is there a way to turn off search result highlighting?

Thanks!

Posts 12929
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 12 2017 9:26 AM

David James:

Unfortunately not.

Posts 9751
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 12 2017 10:24 AM

It'd be nice. They never did clear results, if you erase the search text box.

I use a perminent set of search panels in my setup, each preset to my usuals. Closing the panes, forget it. Loose the positions.

Posts 39
David James | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 12 2017 11:22 AM

This would be so easy to do - I wonder if a feature request would be considered.

I realize it is a specialized situation why someone would want to do it - but I can't be the only one who uses it this way.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 12 2017 12:28 PM

David James:
The only way I have found around this is to close the search pane - and then copy the floating Bible text window.

Two other ideas:

• Search in one Bible, with a similar Bible having Send Hyperlinks here so can click on reference in search results to change location in similar Bible for copy and paste
  • Copy Bible Verses

For example, AV 1873 and KJV 1900 have similar text so can search one to find verse(s) to copy from the other:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2181
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 2:50 PM

David James:

For my teaching, I do a lot of pasting from Logos into PowerPoint to display the text - from a floating window with just the Bible version I use.

Also, I highlight certain verses before doing the copy and paste - using a yellow highlighter and red underline.

Sometimes I find the passages doing a word search - and Logos highlights those words in the Bible text pane - but I don't want the search result words highlighting to be added to the highlighting I want to use.

However, this is a pain to do if there are multiple passages I want to use because I have to do another search, go to the passage, then close the search tab again - and so on.

Thanks!

Hi David,

I'll pass on your feedback to the team.

Posts 4
Barry Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:48 AM

Hello David,

One way I found around this is to select the text you wish to remove the highlights from, then right click and select copy from the popup window.  From there switch to Word or equivalent and paste the text into word.  The text you paste from copied clipboard out of Logos has all the highlights removed.  Maybe problem solved right there.

Some other things I have found helpful for me, and if you are working in Word, format some different headings (can use normal for body text or Heading 3 or Heading 4).  When you have one of each formatted the way you like, then select one of each example, and right click on the heading number top ribbon to format the heading to the way your sample text looks.  From there you can apply headings or normal heading to the remaining text. 

Afterward, a person can build a really nice table of contents.  That is found at the top left of References tab in Word by clicking Table of Contents and choosing one of the options for that. 

This works great for something like a Topic search (under Guides Logos 8) for "Word of God."  Then selecting "word of God" from Dictionary or Bible Themes or Easton's Bible Dictionary, for example.  The opened resources are loaded with highlights that cannot be turned off in Logos, although a year ago a staff member said they would look into this, but so far not a new feature.Surprise  By copying those over and applying Headings in Word and Table of Contents, and adding more resources or verses as desired, it makes for an incredible sermon starter or just a focus study guide for a specific topic.  Hope this helps! Yes  

Blessings.

Barry Cox

Posts 1
Norman Lawrence | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 11:26 AM

Hello,

Does anyone have a way yet to turn off highlighting?  I did a search for "Fruit of the Spirit" and the results are overwhelming as far as the colors:

https://www.screencast.com/t/vEu3kNeej0

Thanks!

Posts 21338
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 11:40 AM

Hi Norman - and welcome to the forums

Norman Lawrence:
Does anyone have a way yet to turn off highlighting? 

No, this is still not possible.

Norman Lawrence:
I did a search for "Fruit of the Spirit" and the results are overwhelming as far as the colors:

If you actually enclose your search term in "" you will get a more focused set of results if that helps at all.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS