If this is a bug, please don't fix it

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:27 AM | Locked

I opened an ESV, set up some display lines, opened a second ESV beside the previous one and clicked Default on the second ESV. The First ESV window (the one displaying the interlinear) did not update and allowed me to link them so that I can have the English only on the left of the screen and the linked interlinear on the right. AND sympathetic highlighting worked so that I could quickly find the word(s) I was looking for in the interlinear. I LOVE IT!

Posts 2689
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:38 AM | Locked

Yea I agree, thats really nice YesYesYesYesYesYes

I wish they would take it a step further and allow me to remove my visual filters from the second copy as well, I did ask for  markup to be tab specific in a pervious beta, and now would be an excelent time to implement it (if you could be so kind)

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:50 AM | Locked

Philip,

this might be a first.... requesting that a bug stay...but I agree....

Long live this bug... Yes

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:30 AM | Locked

I agree, let's keep this behavior. In Libronix the full RI view was a separate resources. I don't mind having it embedded in the regular ESV but it's nice to be able to mimic it being a separate resource.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:22 AM | Locked

Can someone post an image of what you are referring to? It sounds like a cool way to study but I am not getting it!  Thanks!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:32 AM | Locked

Dominick Sela:

Can someone post an image of what you are referring to? It sounds like a cool way to study but I am not getting it!  Thanks!

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:50 AM | Locked

I just spent 20 min trying to duplicate that, and then finally noticed it was PC Beta. Crying

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:03 AM | Locked

Does this help:

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 4:52 AM | Locked

I see what you are doing, thanks Kevin and Thomas!

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 6:18 AM | Locked

I did not continue beta testing after the release of 4.0a but this is something I begged for. So I hope it makes it into RC status. Thanks for pointing out this feature.

May your blessings abound,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Abraham

Posts 3091
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 10:11 AM | Locked

Yes agreed this is nice- but how about getting the NASB online with the same ability Surprise

Posts 1535
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 10:35 AM | Locked

Whyndell Grizzard:
Yes agreed this is nice- but how about getting the NASB online with the same abili
It is being released with 4.0c B2.

Posts 3091
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:29 AM | Locked

Yes

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 11:37 AM | Locked

Are any of you able to save this view as a Layout? The Display settings (Lemma, Morphology, etc.) in the left window (the one displaying the interlinear) are not retained in my saved layout.

Posts 3091
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:02 PM | Locked

Both copies revert to ESV Eng text only.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS