Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 347
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 13 2017 5:27 PM

I can see where the changes regarding the presentation date would be very handy for folks who do not use the date in the presentation title, and the clamor for custom font support has been around for a while, but since there is nothing in the most recent release of much interest to me, I wonder how you decide which new features to work on. I'm familiar with the "Hot Ideas" customer feedback area, and even though my ideas are not met with as much enthusiasm as I would hope, I don't see where that forum can be used to anticipate changes. Some of the popular ideas have been in the "Planned" stage for some time and other moderately popular ideas have been implemented, yet appear as though they are still outstanding. There is even a suggestion to show what is in development. Nor do I recognize any of the lastest updates as ones that appeared in the "Suggestions" forum.

Posts 1720
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 10:30 AM

Brendon, which features are most important to you?

(We are paying attention to the Uservoice list, but some of these are harder than others, so they don't always get done in the order listed there.)

Posts 5310
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 11:57 AM

Hi Bob

I felt the call to add my votes to an issue on User Voice the other day but life is too short!

I got as far as the second page of suggestions and gave up...

I think that facility needs a radical overhaul.

Many of the suggestions are very similar and need compacting into a single item.

It would help if those which are so technically difficult could be grouped into a 'not in the foreseeable future' session.

It would help if those which are being actively followed up could be highlighted.

The whole system is cumbersome for users and can't be much better for the staff.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 347
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:36 PM

Let me say first that none of my previous comments (or these) are intended as complaints. Over all I think you guys do a great job responding to issues and providing enhancements that none of us 'users' ever thought about. I visit this forum several times every day and read every new post, (even the ones that clearly pertain only to Macs). If for no other reason than to learn how other people are using this tool and to get an idea what others want. I retired 7 years ago following a 35 year career as a 'Big Iron' mainframe programmer, so I well understand how a simple concept may be incredibly difficult to translate into code. And of course, the ideas that I suggest are high on my priority list, but I also know that everybody else feels the same way and may not have any interest in my suggestions. That's why I was surprised when the latest update came out and I hadn't heard about any of the changes except the custom font thing. Coincidentally, I just received two status update emails from uservoice. I don't remember that ever happening before. I also endorse some of the ideas that Mike suggested in his post on this thread. I find it very difficult to find if a suggestion has been made, and I find myself supporting an idea just so I can use the My Feedback link to find the suggestion again later. My #1 request was the multi-select service items for blanket changes and I use it heavily. Right now my top two from uservoice would be improvements in the media browser and multiple reuse items before closing the window.

Thanks for listening.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 2:48 PM

We always appreciate your feedback, Brendon. You have a lot of good ideas -- I think we've implemented a couple of them :)

Regarding Uservoice, we pay attention to it, but haven't maintained it (i.e. closing down issues that have been implemented) for awhile. Yesterday and probably for the rest of this week I'll be continuing to go through and clean things up there so you it's not such a jungle for you or newer users who are just looking to see what others want.

Brendon Marks (BCBC):
That's why I was surprised when the latest update came out and I hadn't heard about any of the changes except the custom font thing

As a developer you're probably acutely aware of the organic, rather than planned, process that plays a role in coding. Sometimes as we're working on a feature, we realize that something else could be tweaked. A few of these minor changes (changing the default presentation name, e.g.) are in the most recent update.

Custom fonts were a big feature, especially for overseas Proclaim users. If you've ever tried to render a presentation in Chinese you'll know what I'm talking about :)

Brendon Marks (BCBC):
Right now my top two from uservoice would be improvements in the media browser and multiple reuse items before closing the window.

When we tackle the Media Browser it's going to be a big project. I'm guessing we'll work on improvements in this area when we can set aside a larger block of time. As far as multiple reuse items before closing the popup...that's a good idea, and I'd like to see it get some traction.

Stay tuned for Uservoice to be easier to use in the future, and you might get a few more emails.

Posts 347
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 6:01 AM

Thanks Peter, I guess I was being a bit nearsighted (sounds better than shortsighted). One thing for sure is that I never had to deal with as many variables as you guys. My software had to run on only one machine under one OS and my only exposure to custom fonts is when my wife writes her dinner party menu in Korean and sticks it on the fridge.

Thanks for all you do.

I also put another suggestion on Uservoice.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS