Reformed Confessions of the 16th and 17th Centuries in English Translation

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 21 2010 11:48 PM

I'm very interested in purchasing these 2 volumes, but I think they'd be much more useful in Logos4. What a great resource for students, pastors, researchers, and scholars.  What do you think?

Reformed Confessions of the 16th and 17th Centuries in English Translation, Volume 1: 1523-1552

Reformed Confessions of the 16th and 17th Centuries in English Translation: Volume 2: 1552–1566

The volumes are compiled and introduced by James T. Dennison, Jr. And if I'm not mistaken, he's not too far from Logos...maybe Bob could take him out for lunch and make a deal.

And yes, I put my request on the wiki product wish list.

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 11:11 PM

24 hours, no replies. Sadly I must pat myself on the back and say, "Good suggestion DHG, I'm with you on that!" 

Posts 31960
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 11:13 PM

Actually, I'm always interested in creeds-statements of faith-confession etc. So if they became available they would get my attention.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19193
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 11:19 PM

DHG:

24 hours, no replies. Sadly I must pat myself on the back and say, "Good suggestion DHG, I'm with you on that!" 

Sorry about that. Sad There isn't necessarily any expected etiquette on these forums that we post replies when people make suggestions to Logos. Many of us are already so overwhelmed with answering the questions or helping people work around bugs that we hardly have time to read the book suggestions, let alone chime in on those threads. Any suggestion made on the Suggestions forum makes it on to some master list that Logos is keeping. They will determine how popular these ideas are at some point down the road using the Pre-Pub mechanism, so they aren't really counting the +1 Yes's. They're just a fun thing that some people (myself included) do when they really like an idea, but I am not sure they really sway Logos a whole lot. It's possible that a huge clamor of support for something might bump it up in priority for them, but I'm not certain about that. They have way more book suggestions from us than they can deal with in the next decade I'm sure, but keep 'em coming! Smile  I heard Dale Pritchett say at the recent Logos Training Seminar that they are now ramped up to be able to produce up to 400 books a year. That's way more than my book buying budget will allow for!

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:30 AM

I was only joking Rosie!

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:45 AM

DHG,

Missed the thread, otherwise you would have had a quick reply: +1 Yes

Posts 1456
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:02 AM

Yes

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:36 AM

Well then, I'll reply too!

Yes

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 10:55 AM

I've got the print copies and would love them in Logos.

Posts 2830
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:02 AM

YesYesYes. Now we are talking, put simply - excellent!

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:11 AM

Yes

Posts 89
Brian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:14 AM

I have Volume 1 and I LOVE it!!! It would be a perfect fit for Logos!!CoolYesYesYesYes

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:07 PM

Yes! And as I mentioned in another thread, the Logos creeds and confession offerings are pretty weak.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2011 8:05 PM

Yes

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS