This is the Day! Hey!

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2010 2:43 AM

To be sung to the well known tune: This is the Day.

This is the day, this is the day,

when the Alpha comes, when the Alpha comes.

We will rejoice, we will rejoice,

and be glad in it, and be glad in it.

This is the day when the Alpha comes;

we will rejoice and be glad in it.

This is the day! Hey! This is the day,

when the Alpha comes.

Stick out tongue

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 6720
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 2:53 AM

Good morning Alan. Ever thought about cutting an album. I will be your general manager. With your brains and my motivation, we can go places. Platinum albums, cencerts. Smile

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 3:31 AM

Alan,
First, I've been blessed by your "technical-theological" posts...and now your ability to be a tunesmith....what's next Renaissance man? Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:22 AM

Is it just me or is there something not quite right with singing praise to a computer program...Hmm

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 156
Andrew Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:35 AM

Ah - but isn't HE the Alpha? (& the Omega)Smile

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:45 AM

Andrew Mitchell:

Ah - but isn't HE the Alpha? (& the Omega)Smile

Very, very good. Yes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1557
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:34 AM

yep. Woke up thinking, "it's alpha day! Maybe today I'll get highlighting and fix the syncing problem!:

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 3
Jonathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:46 AM

Yes it would be great if today was the day the true ALPHA and Omega came!!

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:48 AM

Jon Miller:

Yes

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:27 AM

Jon Miller:

Yes, for me, but what about those poor souls still without the Saviour? It would be way worse than missing out on a Community Price or PrePub offer. There are so many people in my parish who need to come to repentance and faith.

Cf. 2 Peter 3:9.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:46 AM

Alan Macgregor:
Yes, for me, but what about those poor souls still without the Saviour? It would be way worse than missing out on a Community Price or PrePub offer. There are so many people in my parish who need to come to repentance and faith.

Gee thanks alot Alan, now I can't even rejoice in the thought of the return of our Lord without feeling guilty! Stick out tongue (Humor)

I have seen you talk a little bit about the Parish ministry that you participate in and I find it fascinating. As an US city boy, it strikes a blank spot in my personal experience and challenges some preconceived attitudes towards the ministry as a whole.

Posts 5327
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:24 AM

Yes Ministry in the Church of Scotland is really good. Because the whole country is divided up into parishes and every parish has a minister (or should have) every individual has a minister who should be praying for them.

Alan is responsible for the souls of all the pagans, spiritualist, agnostics, atheists and other members of other assorted sects that live in his parish - quite some responsibility!

By the way - congratulations on getting the health care bill through - always a bit worrying - the morality of supporting a country with a third world health care system - well done.

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:28 AM

HE is the Alpha (& the Omega)... and the LOGOS!

Back to computers... I'm really looking forward for the Beta from Logos...

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:29 AM

Mike Binks:
By the way - congratulations on getting the health care bill through - always a bit worrying - the morality of supporting a country with a third world health care system - well done

Thanks, my wife and I sat and watched the vote counts tick up, it was quite exciting. But enough of this, and back to feeling guilty over the return of Jesus. (Humor)

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:33 AM

Does anybody know what time the Alpha usually gets released. I too am anxiously waiting for it to come out. I love Logos, but I miss my old PC functions, and do not want to have to buy a virtualizer or run bootcamp. The only thing that makes it really helpful right now is the ability to have so many of my books on the iTouch. I know Logos is working fast, and it will be worth the wait, and patience is a Christian virtue, but it is sooo hard! I use Logos so much every day!

Posts 156
Andrew Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:43 AM

Last time it didn't come out until Tuesday!

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:36 AM

Actually, last time didn't it not break till Wednesday and the time before that on Tuesday?

The Alpha's usually break around 2:30 EST and are always available for manual download first and automatic downloads a few minutes later.

This is the day, this is day...

all about Christ,

David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 3
Jonathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:00 AM

By the way - congratulations on getting the health care bill through - always a bit worrying - the morality of supporting a country with a third world health care system - well done.

I am sure this is a joke... It is a sad thing to watch the government dismiss the Constitution.

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:08 AM

Jon Miller:

I am sure this is a joke... It is a sad thing to watch the government dismiss the Constitution.

I think the above statement is sorely inappropriate as (1) it has no place in this topic (and probably these forums in general) and (2) assumes that everyone is likeminded on the issue (which I assure you is not true).

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:56 AM

R. Mansfield:
I think the above statement is sorely inappropriate as (1) it has no place in this topic (and probably these forums in general) and (2) assumes that everyone is likeminded on the issue (which I assure you is not true).

There were a few comments above in regards to the Health Care Bill, you can't just quote one and say "it" was inappropriate, unless of course you have a bias, which in a democracy everyone has a bias or an opinion. Opinions are like arm pits, we all have them, and they all stink.* 

Some people will always be for a bill or cause or whatever and some will be against it.

But you are right, the comments about Health Care really have no place here, unless you can tie them into Logos. 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

*Edited version of the quote Big Smile

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS