Synchronizing documents and settings hang

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Glenn Phipps | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 16 2017 8:37 PM

I am running Logos Bible Software 7.4 SR-1 (7.4.0.0051) and have been experiencing difficulties on both my home Mac computer and office Mac computer with synchronizing.  When I open the software, I get a message that says "Synchronizing Please wait while your documents and settings are downloaded...".  It will take a while, but the program will eventually start up but the sync arrows continue on and on.  When they finally do stop there will be a red exclamation mark in the middle of the synchronization arrows.  When I click on the sync arrows, they will begin spinning again.  When I close the software, I will get a similiar message that reads "Synchronizing Please wait while your documents and settings are uploaded...".  It will spin and spin for a long time and most of the time will eventually close, but sometimes I have to force quit.  

I saw some threads that said something about logs.  I followed the instructions and created samples.  I don't know if they will help or if this is what is needed to figure out the problem.

LogosError.log

LogosError-2.log

I don't know if this is related or not, but I also use the logos app for my ipad and iphone.  The synchronization across the various platforms doesn't always work.  For example, the highlights I make in various books while reading on my iphone don't show up in the same book when opened up on my Mac desktop.  It seems everything is connected with a syncing problem.  

Please advice on what I should do next.

Posts 5
Glenn Phipps | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 8:42 PM

I just realized I only copied the words and not the actual logs.  Forgive me, I'm new to this.  Maybe this will work:

8228.LogosError.log

6175.LogosError-2.log

I hope this works.

Posts 24843
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:58 PM

The errors all relate to syncing your Notes - "the server didn't respond in time". If the error persists, you could try deleting your latest notes (they can be recovered from Your Faithlife Documents), otherwise work offline until you can get assistance from Technical Support.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5
Glenn Phipps | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 11:26 PM

How does one get assistance from Technical Support.  Do they check out these forums? Should I just wait for them to respond to this thread?  Or do I need to post this somewhere else to get Technical Support?

Posts 21857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 12:28 AM

Technical Support don't regularly monitor these forums - contact details are at https://www.logos.com/contact 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS