Greek Visual Filter/Markup

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:30 AM

Hello All,

I've created a Greek Visual Markup so that the verbal forms will be marked a certain way in my NA27. However, after creating the markup it isn't showing in the NA27 and I don't have the option to choose it under the visual filters button. Any ideas? 

Here is a print screen:

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:06 AM

MichaelWalton:
Here is a print screen:

It didn't make the trip Michael. You have to use the paperclip on the menu bar and upload the file for your print screen.

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:14 AM

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:28 AM

MichaelWalton:
I've created a Greek Visual Markup so that the verbal forms will be marked a certain way in my NA27. However, after creating the markup it isn't showing in the NA27 and I don't have the option to choose it under the visual filters button. Any ideas? 

That's odd, Have you double checked that you NA27 has morphology (it probably does)?

I would next attempt to restart Logos to see if that brings up the options in the NA27 to use that visual filter.

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:40 AM

It does have morphology and I have restarted with the same problem. I did call logos technical support and they weren't sure about it either. 

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:44 AM

Here is a more accurate screenshot:

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:48 AM

You may need to restart Logos for it to show in the trinity rings section, sometimes a new visual filter doesnt show as you have mentioned, if this is the problem then a restart of Logos 4 should  fix it,.

EDIT Change "New Testament" to "All Passages" and it shows on mine.

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:51 AM

Thanks Dominic,

I have restarted the program and that didn't work. 

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:04 AM

I gave that a try and restarted Logos 4 and got nothing. I also tried to just create a word search filter for all bibles and I couldn't get that uploaded either. I also tried doing each component of the greek filter individually and I didn't get anything. 

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:04 AM

I just tried setting this up and it does work for me in the plain NA27. Also the visual filter showed up immediately at the bottom of the visual filter list (under notes).

Are you sure you are using the correct morphology set for the NA27 you have open? The interlinear uses the Gramcord set. I'm not sure about all the others, as I have hidden all but the plain version and the Gramcord with McReynolds Interlinear.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:07 AM

DominicM:
Change "New Testament" to "All Passages" and it shows on mine.

I was getting ready to make the same suggestion. There is not a NT option for me in that Bible. Did you create the filter in another Bible then switch to the NA27?

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:11 AM

no created new from scratch

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:20 AM

I tried creating one using the gramcord and still no luck. I was using the logos morphology before. Is there a way to check which one I'm using? I have the platinum logos 4 upgrading logos 3. 

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:29 AM

If you click on the information window and scroll down to the copyright information, it should tell you something about the morphological database. But I'm not sure if it will distinguish between some of the databases (Swanson, Logos) that (I think) are both copyrighted by Logos. But it might. If you scroll to the very bottom, under "Support Info" it will give you the version number and the file name. Post the numbers following LLS: here and we'll see if we can figure this out.

It's possible that the solution is to rebuild your index, as this type of problem is usually an indexing problem. But in the off-chance that you're using an out of date resource, or a resource with a different morphological database, I'm suggesting we try the easy and quick solution before the probable one.

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:29 AM

I too am at the Platinum level, upgraded from 3. My suspicion is the possibility of a indexing problem. But I am far from an expert on the indexing issue. And I hope that isn't the problem. You might try initiating a morph search via the right click menu of that resource and see if you return any results.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:50 AM

it may be an indexing issue...i recently did a reinstall because my indexing would never finish. I am still waiting for the first index to be done so that may be it. The file name is: 

LLS:LOGOSNA272009-10-26T17:57:38ZLOGOSNA27.logos4

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:19 AM

MichaelWalton:

it may be an indexing issue...i recently did a reinstall because my indexing would never finish. I am still waiting for the first index to be done so that may be it. The file name is: 

LLS:LOGOSNA272009-10-26T17:57:38ZLOGOSNA27.logos4

I can confirm that this version uses the Logos Greek Morphology that you first used in your visual filter.

But there's not much point in trying to diagnose this further until indexing completes, since that is the most likely culprit, and you acknowledge that indexing is not yet finished. The good news is that the visual filter should work as is, once indexing is finished (though you may need to restart L4 after indexing finishes to see them).

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 2:57 PM

Hi, Michael,

I may have missed someone else's suggestion to this effect , having skimed rapidly: have you clicked the down arrow to the right of the three linked circles and made sure "Highlighting" is checked? My Greek Visua Filter/Markup has worked for NA27 and is working now for NAXXVII (the latter in the SESE, thus a different morphology) and can be toggled on/off by checking/unchecking "Highlighting". (However, I must choose which NA with its specific morphology. This doesn't work across morphologies.)

Hope this helps,

Steve

Posts 853
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 3:26 PM

I got an answer to the "which morphologies go with which text " a while back. Here is the LIST and the link :

Alexandrian or Eclectic Texts

•Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament with Logos Morphology

•Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament with McReynolds English Interlinear with Logos Morphology

•Lexham Greek-English Interlinear New Testament (gathering interest on the pre-publication program)

•Nestle-Aland 27th Edition Greek New Testament with GRAMCORD Alpha Morphology

•Nestle-Aland 27th Edition Greek New Testament with GRAMCORD Alpha Morphology and McReynolds English Interlinear

•UBS 4/Westcott-Hort with Swanson Morphological Analysis

•Analytical Greek New Testament (Friberg, Barbara and Timothy) with Nestle Aland 27th ed. 2.0

•Westcott and Hort Greek New Testament (1881) With Robinson Morphological Analysis

Byzantine or Majority Texts

Logos offers a number of text in this tradition, most of which also have morphological tags and lexical form tags as well:

•Byzantine Text form, 2000 Revision with Morphology

•Stephen's Textus Receptus (1550) With Morphology

•Scrivener's Textus Receptus (1894) With Morphology

•Scrivener's Textus Receptus (1881) 2.0

•Elzevir Textus Receptus (1624) with Morphology

•The Interlinear Literal Translation of the Greek New Testament (Newberry; the Stephan's 1550 text with English interlinear glosses)

Posts 37
Michael Walton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:19 AM

The indexing took care of the problem. I didn't realize that would affect it. Thanks for the help everyone!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS